advertisement

A thread to recommend stuff on the BBC

Two doors down on bbc iPlayer (Scotland) not sure if you can get it down south though but anyway absolutely hilarious.

No idea how we managed to miss it, now on its seventh series but man it’s the funniest thing I’ve seen on TV in years the ‘Cathy’ character is effin brilliant.

We watched serious 2 episode 2 last night, Willie’s birthday party, I couldn’t move for laughing.

Really enjoying ‘This Town’, watched the first one on Sunday night and watched up to number 5 on I-Player. I heard about it a few months ago, touted as a drama about the 2-Tone Movement by the producers of ‘Peaky Blinders’. It isn’t that but does have a loose connection and it’s great viewing.

Cheers BB

My wife hates it but I like "Mandy" on BBC2, I like Diane Morgan's Pythonesque sense of humour.
The second of last night's 15 minute programmes was a take on Alfred Hitchcock's "the birds", including Mandy's short 2-piece suit similar to Tippi Hedren's in the original.

My wife hates it but I like "Mandy" on BBC2, I like Diane Morgan's Pythonesque sense of humour.
The second of last night's 15 minute programmes was a take on Alfred Hitchcock's "the birds", including Mandy's short 2-piece suit similar to Tippi Hedren's in the original.
She's well and truly jumped the shark this series (there used to be at least a nod to realism) but still hilarious moments and the character of Mandy is top drawer. The poison dart bit cracked me up.

BBC iPlayer has The Drop Out, a series about the Theranos con.
Jaw dropping what she got away with so long and only got 11 years in Nick for it.

The Assembly: Michael Sheen faces the interview of a lifetime from The Assembly, a group of autistic, neurodivergent and learning disabled people. Expect revelation, chaos and a lot of laughs.

advertisement

Back