advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shudder to think what could happen if he becomes PM.

And then there's Hunt. He's the establishment's man though. Johnson will be facing a sustained campaign to hobble him in this race. There be plenty more of this before it's over.

I shudder to think what could happen if he becomes PM.

And then there's Hunt. He's the establishment's man though. Johnson will be facing a sustained campaign to hobble him in this race. There be plenty more of this before it's over.

He certainly wasn't my first choice and neither was Hunt but rest assured the the world will continue revolving, the sun will still rise and the lefties will still cry like babies.

I love the way The Grauniad has jumped on the Johnson egg-on-face episode, publishing the text of the recording vertabim. Wasn't it the same newspaper that campaigned so vigorously against the infamous press phone-hacking malarkey a few years ago?

Nothing like a good old-fashioned dose of hypocrisy. I'm not surprised that The Guardian is free to view.

Sorry, but what have they 'hacked' to obtain this? The recording was given to them by Tom Penn, the neighbour as far as I understand. He made the recording in his own home. So no hypocrisy and I suspect had The Mail published it (not very likely I grant you) you'd not have mentioned it. The Guardian is about the only paper with any credibility at all from the Uk press, not hard given its competitors, many of which I suspect you lap up daily!

Despite lying about it, Johnson was coached on his resignation speech last year by far-right propagandist Steve Bannon, writes Carole Cadwalladr in The Observer. https://www.theguardian.com/politic..._oSMZQbsRyLbrlt-Sc0bs0Xs9vgwVWJ8fSvjeNUbxbn6g

Bannon admires Mussolini and Yaxley-Racist. His main initiative in the White House was the Muslim ban, says Tamsin Shaw, a professor of philosophy at New York University.

Steve Bannon is portrayed as America's equivalent of a Neo-Nazi in a new documentary called The Brink. https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-brink-exposes-steve-bannon-as-a-fascist-fraud

It was after Bannon's advice, reports The Observer, that Johnson wrote a Muslim woman wearing the niqab resembled “a bank robber” and it was ridiculous that people should go around looking like letter boxes.

The main contender to be the next Tory leader is a far-right goon linked to an American fascist.

Jack

Sorry, but what have they 'hacked' to obtain this? The recording was given to them by Tom Penn, the neighbour as far as I understand. He made the recording in his own home. So no hypocrisy and I suspect had The Mail published it (not very likely I grant you) you'd not have mentioned it. The Guardian is about the only paper with any credibility at all from the Uk press, not hard given its competitors, many of which I suspect you lap up daily!

I didn't say they'd hacked anything. They (apparently} published the transcript of a recording that someone had made of a private conversation or argument between two people. I'm not actually certain that even the hackers did that. You might not think that it crosses a line, and in the instance of a The Guardian is deeply hypocritical. I beg to differ.

The Guardian has become a joke, with virtually zero credibility except amongst the bien pensant metropolitan left. Being fairly metropolitan myself, I do read it occasionally. Owen Jones provides endless entertainment.

I don't 'lap up' any newspapers, less so daily. I never read The Mail, a tittle-tattle rag to which The Guardian apparently now aspires.

I didn't say they'd hacked anything. They (apparently} published the transcript of a recording that someone had made of a private conversation or argument between two people. I'm not actually certain that even the hackers did that. You might not think that it crosses a line, and in the instance of a The Guardian is deeply hypocritical. I beg to differ.

The Guardian has become a joke, with virtually zero credibility except amongst the bien pensant metropolitan left. Being fairly metropolitan myself, I do read it occasionally. Owen Jones provides endless entertainment.

I don't 'lap up' any newspapers, less so daily. I never read The Mail, a tittle-tattle rag to which The Guardian apparently now aspires.

Methinks you doth protest too much! You're wrong by the way (from a legal perspective), but there's no telling some 'people'!

Oh and I, and most others reading this, know you'd not be remotely outraged were it The Mail, The Times etc. You're that type!

Anyway, have a nice day.

Well, I'm sure if the Guardian have sailed a bit close to the wind here (they haven't btw), the "Public Interest" defence would be just fine, it might be in the public interest to know that in addition to being a liar, racist, bigot, incompetent, adulterer, he also gets rough wiv wimmin.

There was a woman on Radio 4 yesterday morning defending Boris (she had met him briefly once) to have a private life, she compared the neighbour to The Stasi recording lovers in hotel rooms. The counter argument came from another woman who pointed out that BJs new girlfriend was a survivor of The Black Cab Rapist and so was naturally worried about her vulnerability

I’d have thought you’re entitled to record anything in your own home, particularly if you believe someone is at risk. I’ve heard similar through a common wall before- I wouldn’t hesitate to collect evidence and contact the police. I hope the full audio gets published- Johnson can’t hide because it’s inconvenient to his election chances. Personally I’d have made a complaint to the police and hoped they’d charge him with breach of the peace- or refer them for help.

I see the right-wing gutter press have turned on Johnson’s neighbours and the sheer indignity of having one’s girlfriend’s beatings recorded...

I recall the incident, but not the precise circumstances.
The Times has joined the fray this morning with a marvellous piece by a woman who used to work for Johnson when he was posted to the Brussels desk when he worked for the DT. She has written a tome about him, and describes at length his explosive temper and his tendency towards bitter and sustained vindictiveness against anyone who crosses him.
Apparently he would let fly at a yukka plant in his office at an appointed time each day, hurling abuse at it for precisely 10 minutes in order to wind himself up sufficiently to write his anti-EU piece for the day.

Sounds just like Trump. Americans and Brits vote for very unpleasant, misogynist, dishonest, racist white men...

"TheDecameron, post: 3699650, member: 7770"It’s also a sad day when members of the public dial 999 because they believe someone is at risk from violence

I don't believe that. I believe it was an opportunist anti-Tory going for it, belt and braces. Police called, audio recorded, media interviews. What's left?

Good on him. And of course he needs to keep this angle up about his concern for the well-being of a potential victim for as along as possible.

Old Bozzer eh? Bloody great! The gammon scumbags will elect him and hang themselves in the process.
What do the bookies give on a GE in the next 6 months?

I see the right-wing gutter press have turned on Johnson’s neighbours and the sheer indignity of having one’s girlfriend’s beatings recorded...
That's the press's job, isn't it? Holding random members of the public to account.

When the Conservatives agreed to spike Leveson 2 they couldn't have anticipated they were getting this good a deal. The press now exists more or less solely to protect the Conservative PArty from voters. They are absolutely covering themselves in filth right now, they'll never recover from it. We've allowed to get ourselves in a situation where we would actually have more democratic freedom if we shut down the free press.

What do the bookies give on a GE in the next 6 months?

PaddyPower have 2019 at the worst odds (6/4). I still don’t see either of the main career parties will vote for one unless Farage is somehow taken out of the equation as they’d likely move backwards from where they are now. Will be great for the Libs if there is one so I’d like to see it, plus I’ll make a free £80 if it happens!

PaddyPower have 2019 at the worst odds (6/4). I still don’t see either of the main career parties will vote for one unless Farage is somehow taken out of the equation as they’d likely move backwards from where they are now. Will be great for the Libs if there is one so I’d like to see it, plus I’ll make a free £80 if it happens!
Most likely scenario has always been, IMO, that Farage will step aside in return for a Johnson committing to no deal. Lordship and some kind of government position as sweetener. The Brexit Party is not a real party, it's just his brand, and he can do anything he likes with it - except, probably, win a lot of seats.

A Telegraph hack on the Marr Show said Labour plan to have a VONC the day after Boris takes office. She believes the Tory majority will be only 4 by then. However some Tory MPs are so opposed to No Deal, they will vote against Boris and the Conservatives. They might join the Lib Dems as well.

I wonder if any Labour MPs will vote in favour of Boris and the Tories? I wouldn't put it past some of the EU haters.

Jack

Well, I'm sure if the Guardian have sailed a bit close to the wind here (they haven't btw), the "Public Interest" defence would be just fine, it might be in the public interest to know that in addition to being a liar, racist, bigot, incompetent, adulterer, he also gets rough wiv wimmin.
Don't forget cokehead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back