advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, let's put this in perspective .......... https://www.theguardian.com/politic...rced-correct-false-brexit-claim-boris-johnson
Mitchell Stirling, a statistician from Reading, said he made the complaint because he felt “a potential prime minister shouldn’t be able to make things up in a weekly column”.

“I complained because Johnson’s article went beyond him referring to anecdotal evidence around the popularity of no deal and saying it was becoming more popular (which it was) but to saying that polling was showing it was the most popular opinion by some clear margin. Both of which were not backed up by any polling done by a BPC [British Polling Council] member.

“To exaggerate like that is clearly out of the Trump/Bannon playbook but because it was in print and the phrase used by Johnson was so strong contrary to the lack of evidence that I as an avid poll watcher knew didn’t exist, I knew I had a decent case.”

Johnson receives £275,000 a year for his weekly Telegraph column, a sum he once referred to as chickenfeed.

I liked the Telegraph defence that his articles aren’t meant to be taken seriously. Quite.
The Telegraph went on to say that it cannot be taken as “serious, empirical, in-depth analysis of hard factual matters".

This country’s leading has nothing serious, empirical or factual to say about Brexit.

But leading Brexiteer he still is. Amazing

Brexit is a feeling. A feeling we’ve been pushed around by foreigners and that man couldn’t speak his mind in this country- and we ain’t gonna take it any more. Fcuck facts.

I’ve noticed for a while now that many in the alt-right of the Conservative party such as Johnson, Rees Mogg (and many others from the ERG insurgency) are perfectly happy to tell obvious lies both straight to camera and in print. Whilst these people hold repugnant ideology they are not daft, so they know they are lying and are doing so quite deliberately.

To my mind this is the point we need proper political accountability. I would like to see real legal/criminal penalties imposed for deliberately lying to or misleading the electorate. I’m not talking abut failing to achieve a manifesto pledge due to economic or global situations altering, just for those like Leave.EU, Johnson, Rees Mogg, Farage etc etc who are caught lying on a daily basis. They are a bunch of crooks, charlatans and con-artists and should be dealt with via the courts the way one would dodgy financial selling, business scams etc.

They are a bunch of crooks, charlatans and con-artists and should be dealt with via the courts the way one would dodgy financial selling, business scams etc.

Huh, we live in hope!`

In my case of possession proceedings, the claimant submitted incorrect documents to gain possession.

My solicitor checked the court file and told me an important document was in fact a photo copy of the original but page one of a double side document was blank.

When at trial, we told the Judge, the court produced said file, it was in good order.

It had been interfered with, I did research, the court file was accessed by the claimants solicitor and amended the file with the assistance of a previous judge during a request to change the date for hearing due to my witnesses previous important meeting to be held elsewhere in England.

You cannot trust the judiciary for justice of any case in civil or criminal law.

I paid a huge price for that corrupted activity, that is why I despise the upper echelons of the brotherhood and their skulduggery and the corrupted enabling legal profession.

"All in it together" as camoron said, indeed they are.

According to the Scotland on Sunday, Bojo apparently has an operation named after him. https://www.scotsman.com/news/polit...-pledges-to-save-tories-in-scotland-1-4916355
At last year’s Conservative Party Conference in Birmingham, where Johnson delivered an attention-grabbing speech on Brexit to steal the spotlight from an embattled PM, Scottish Tory sources revealed the existence of a covert campaign to talk down the former foreign secretary’s leadership prospects.

One source claimed in February that the plot – dubbed “Operation Arse” – had been a “great success”, but as Johnson’s leadership prospects have revived, the key players are reported to have continued discussions about how to defeat him.

I’ve noticed for a while now that many in the alt-right of the Conservative party such as Johnson, Rees Mogg (and many others from the ERG insurgency) are perfectly happy to tell obvious lies both straight to camera and in print. Whilst these people hold repugnant ideology they are not daft, so they know they are lying and are doing so quite deliberately.

To my mind this is the point we need proper political accountability. I would like to see real legal/criminal penalties imposed for deliberately lying to or misleading the electorate. I’m not talking abut failing to achieve a manifesto pledge due to economic or global situations altering, just for those like Leave.EU, Johnson, Rees Mogg, Farage etc etc who are caught lying on a daily basis. They are a bunch of crooks, charlatans and con-artists and should be dealt with via the courts the way one would dodgy financial selling, business scams etc.
I completely agree. However, I would extend the scope to include anyone shown later to have been scaremongering ahead of the referendum in an effort to gain support for a remain vote.

I hadn’t seen this, but while the C4 Leadership debate was going ahead without Johnson’s attendance, guess what Bojo was doing?

2mwz9eg.jpg

Curry stains on sofa cause disharmony. Followed by bang bang chicken then police call.

I completely agree. However, I would extend the scope to include anyone shown later to have been scaremongering ahead of the referendum in an effort to gain support for a remain vote.

There was no ‘remain’ scaremongering, everything we said would happen either has happened or is happening right now, e.g. the £ collapsed, we lost our AAA credit rating, we are losing/have lost what remained of our manufacturing industry (auto, aviation, steel) and taken a serious hit to our financial services sector (the nation’s cash-cow), the NI border is exactly the unworkable stumbling-block we predicted, we have lost the rights to live, work, retire anywhere in the EU, Brexit would embolden the far-right and lead to ugly Trump/Tea Party-grade popularism and ultimately we will lose human rights, employment rights and civil liberties etc etc. Absolutely everything I was arguing here three years ago is playing out with uncanny accuracy. This was only ever ‘project reality’, the problem is leavers tend to be so dumb or isolated in their own bubble they don’t seem able to interpret what is actually happening or analyse the cause/effect/trajectory of decline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back