advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: V Gone-ish!

If he stays on as PM until the autumn, would that not mean that a large number of people who have resigned in the last 48 hours will need to rescind their resignation so that we have a functioning government? That's unlikely, so I presume that the 1922 committee will be looking at how to accelerate the process? Does anyone know?

Reports on the BBC website suggest the 1922 Committee will go for an accelerated leadership election process with the aim of having a new PM in place later in the summer rather than the autumn.

In character
-Blames everyone else
-Thinks he's the real victim
-Sets up betrayal story for future Tory conferences & Telegraph columns

We're all in for a nightmare if he's allowed to squat

Dominic Cummings (Twitter).

For clarity: I’ve no time for Cummings, but he knows Johnson better than just about anyone. It is the equivalent of Farage turning on Banks, Pence turning on Trump etc. He understands the mindset, ideology, and who was trampled over for money or power. His is an interesting perspective.

I’m backing Steve Baker. Fierce resolve™, deep humility™, religious fruitcake. The Tory Party will now mythologise Johnson as they did with Margaret Hilda though I’m not convinced she would want to sit anywhere near him in the deceased Tory pantheon.

For clarity: I’ve no time for Cummings, but he knows Johnson better than just about anyone. It is the equivalent of Farage turning on Banks, Pence turning on Trump etc. He understands the mindset, ideology, and who was trampled over for money or power. His is an interesting perspective.

There's no honour among tea leaves

He hasn’t resigned as PM or as Tory leader. He says he will. That’s all.

Interesting and possibly very accurate interpretation from Chris Bryant (Twitter).

I know that guy & I'm telling you -he doesn't think it's over, he's thinking 'there's a war, weird shit happens in a war, play for time play for time, I can still get out of this, I got a mandate, members love me, get to September...'

If MPs leave him in situ there'll be CARNAGE

Dominic Cummings (Twitter).

PS I hope he is right. Here’s to Johnson trashing his party even more! \o/
I don’t. I want him gone right now. **** knows what sort of shit he’ll pull between now and autumn. The guy has gone absolutely Hitler in the bunker style ga-ga. It could get very dangerous. He could rally the far right around him Trump style, and he has access to nuclear weapons.

He hasn’t resigned as PM or as Tory leader. He says he will. That’s all.

Interesting and possibly very accurate interpretation from Chris Bryant (Twitter).
He said “I’ll be there to offer the new leader any support they need”. That’ll be as welcome as novichok on their front door handle.

He said “I’ll be there to offer the new leader any support they need”. That’ll be as welcome as novichok on their front door handle.

The more I think about it the more I think both Cummings and Bryant are right. He has simply played for several months more time. He has given nothing up. This product contains 100% Trump. What we saw today was just more gaslighting and truth-twisting. He’s still there.

"If they don't get rid of him, then Labour will step up in the national interest and bring a vote of no confidence because we can't go on with this prime minister clinging on for months and months to come," Sir Keir said.

I knew it would be long before this clown invoked the 'national interest'. The real national interest is better served by an effective opposition rather than a Tory schoolboy fag...

Like it or hate it, this is the system we have. It only functions if you have two realistic options for the electorate to decide between. As it stands, it's hard to see even one party able to actually govern.

Like it or hate it, this is the system we have. It only functions if you have two realistic options for the electorate to decide between. As it stands, it's hard to see even one party able to actually govern.

There's no such thing as the 'national interest', Thatcher broke the post-war consensus a long time ago after Heath tried and failed in the 'Who runs the Country?' election. What they mean is propping up the Establishment and the interest of the State. When the Tories are in trouble you don't help them to find a new leader and stabilise things, you pile on the agony. It really is bread and butter stuff...

How long until a story appears in the Mail/Telegraph about how Johnson hopes and/or expects to stay in post longer than planned.

John Sweeney on the £millions of Russian oligarch money flooding Tory Party coffers (Byline Times). From earlier this year, but worth a look for those still in denial about the corruption at the very heart of our politics. Johnson’s admission yesterday of unsupervised meetings with KGB assets makes it all highly relevant.

PS Tory nutter Angela Jenkins MP going full chimp at London crowds who had collected to boo Johnson (Twitter). Can’t work out what exactly she’s saying, but it is unquestionably the behaviour we expect from our elected representatives.

PS Tory nutter Angela Jenkins MP going full chimp at London crowds who had collected to boo Johnson (Twitter). Can’t work out what exactly she’s saying, but it is unquestionably the behaviour we expect from our elected representatives.

She said "he who laughs last, laughs the loudest. Wait and see" https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1545021454751830016. The over-excitable idiot has given the game away. Because she's an over-excitable idiot. Johnson will have something up his sleeve.

advertisement

Back