advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: IV VONC

Status
Not open for further replies.
YTS - £25 a week, LOL. I did it, learned some useful skills like welding…had a great time…but then went straight into electronics repair afterwards to earn some money :)

I see that some Bojo zealots are calling for insufficiently loyal ministers to be sacked if they refuse to confirm that they voted for Boris in the Confidence vote. Since it was a secret ballot, surely all anyone needs to do is say they did vote pro/Boris even if they didn’t.

All adds to the nice Stalinist working environment. Everyone stabbing everyone else in the back. Just a normal day being a Tory. That and the cocaine and backhanders.

YTS - £25 a week, LOL. I did it, learned some useful skills like welding…had a great time…but then went straight into electronics repair afterwards to earn some money :)

I did one in a rather dubious residential home for the mentally ill, later on a Adult Training Centre for Down Syndrome folk. 1980 IIRC. First thing I did after leaving school. It was good fun overall.

It might have been all sorts of things, including rewarding, but fun, really?

Yes - great fun! I had just crashed out of a mechanical engineering technical college course after 2 weeks realizing filing a block of metal absolutely flat using blue dye was a waste of my time.I was a spotty 16 or 17 year old assigned to a YTS course at a large south coast provider of medical plastics. I spent my time racing forklifts around the warehouse, completely pissing off the established guys used to cutting surgical plastic lengths by being 3 times as fast, and finally into the electrical/engineering department where I stayed a few months longer - when something broke, you needed to fix it fast. But the rest of the time you had a mechanical engineering workshop around you to make/build whatever you wanted. If it wasn’t for the £25/week I’d still be there :)

It might have been all sorts of things, including rewarding, but fun, really?

It is obviously wrong to generalise, but in my experience Down Syndrome folk especially are great fun. I went on a skiing trip with the ATC lot in Scotland (I can not ski), and also to some crazy timewarp old fashioned holiday camp (Pontins or something). Just hysterical in every way. Total anarchy. As long as no one gets lost or hurt you can have a great laugh. I was little more than a kid myself so just joined in. The mentally ill are more varied and challenging, but again there is much to enjoy. They are never boring. There is always something to learn or connect with.

The problems all came later when I followed the trajectory and got a job as a trainee psych nurse at a proper big mental hospital. There I learned everything one can learn about chronic understaffing and correspondingly poor care, though in hindsight it was exponentially kinder and more humane than the current Tory policy of just letting the mentally ill freeze to death in shop doorways. Regardless, I couldn’t deal with it so dropped out after just over a year. It was the only time I’ve ever been in a trade union too. They tried, we all really tried (huge strike action etc), but the mentally ill never have any advocates or support from government.

How they all laughed when I came in early one morning to weld something - I wasn’t aware they charged batteries overnight under the welding bench! Loud explosion, I was just pulling myself off the floor as they all arrived laughing, especially as my jeans melted off me due to the battery acid all over :D

More of what the Bank of America was warning about https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...efits-offered-new-package-help-buy-homes.html

UK economic policy is increasingly something you would see in a banana republic. A cabinet of incompetent idiots. Not making sensible policies, just stupid gimmicks to keep the chief idiot in his job.

I understand they will soon announce the building of the Garden Bridge Airport in the middle of the Irish Sea.
Accessed by a Boris tunnel through the unique marine ecosystem Beaufort’s Dyke as if it were a highly explosive beaver lodge reeking with phosgene gas fumes from thousands of shells. Every citizen will be provided with a small flag to wave ( compulsory). The bill this Jackass will have handed to everyone one of us will be monumental by the time he’s hoofed .

Last edited:
"LORD OF THE FLIES is the story of a bunch of English public schoolboys who take control of an island cut off from the rest of the world, and then collapse into vicious infighting. It's a work of fiction, apparently." [text transcribed from meme]

Jack Character Analysis

The head boy of his chorus back in civilization, Jack becomes the leader of the hunters on the island. Jack loves power. Laws and rules interest him only because they give him the chance to punish the other boys and express his dominance over them. He loves to hunt and kill because it gives him a chance to dominate nature. Jack gets angry whenever he doesn't get his way: he believes a proper leader issues orders and is obeyed. By the end of the novel he becomes exactly that sort of leader, wielding power only for his own whim and benefit. Jack symbolizes the human love of dominance and power.

I see the Daily Mail is running another anti-law/anti-human rights story on its front page and is once again attempting to demonise those working in the legal system (Twitter). Effectively arguing that the law of the land is stopping fascists doing all the illegal inhumane fascism the Daily Mail wholeheartedly approves of. A truly vile paper.

Help defund it #StopFundingHate

PS I suspect it might be a long-term attack strategy on Starmer, i.e. demonise lawyers and the legal system. A classic fascist move. Their readership are likely dumb enough to buy it too.

I see the Daily Mail is running another anti-law/anti-human rights story on its front page and is once again attempting to demonise those working in the legal system (Twitter). Effectively arguing that the law of the land is stopping fascists doing all the illegal inhumane fascism the Daily Mail wholeheartedly approves of. A truly vile paper.

Help defund it #StopFundingHate

PS I suspect it might be a long-term attack strategy on Starmer, i.e. demonise lawyers and the legal system. A classic fascist move. Their readership are likely dumb enough to buy it too.
Yes. This has been obvious for a long time. It's why Starmer is working hard to show he doesn't give a damn about human rights.

“Gove rules out running against Johnson for the leadership”. That means he’s getting his people in place- to run against Johnson for the leadership. This lot are even lying while they’re lying.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-against-boris-johnson?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Given a quick google search for ‘Michael Gove cocaine’ brings back 453,000 results I suspect he’s done. I bet you could actually order the stuff now by asking around for ‘a gram of Gove’.

PS ‘George Osborne cocaine’ actually returns 635,000 results!

Given a quick google search for ‘Michael Gove cocaine’ brings back 453,000 results I suspect he’s done. I bet you could actually order the stuff now by asking around for ‘a gram of Gove’.

PS ‘George Osborne cocaine’ actually returns 635,000 results!
The Alkaloid Party. Got to keep on movin, got to keep on movin on.

Big dog making a big speech right now. He's actively encouraging the continuation of the war in Ukraine. Cos, of course, he's got nothing to gain by doing so... :rolleyes:

Big dog making a big speech right now. He's actively encouraging the continuation of the war in Ukraine. Cos, of course, he's got nothing to gain by doing so... :rolleyes:
When Truss eventually goads Putin into a special military operation against Britain, it’ll be to denazify the drug taking regime and liberate the people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back