advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that the French are just sick of the UK governments antics and every time Boris says something stupid they`re going to call him on it.

They`re going to be busy....

I'm afraid it will just add fuel to the Mail/Express fire. Bash the froggies, etc, ad infinitum

Anyone who had their intelligence insulted by Freeman's physically impossible explanations yesterday will enjoy this.

"Then on Thursday night, George got the phone call he had been dreading. After weeks of bad headlines, culminating in frequent parties inside No 10 during lockdown, absolutely everyone in government – even the lowest of the low – had made themselves unavailable for the following morning’s media round. Headaches, holidays, Christmas parties, vacuuming the stables: you name it, the excuses came tumbling out.

So eventually the No 10 communications team decided Freeman was their man. When the chips were down, George was a safe pair of hands. As in, the only pair of hands. The only person in government with so little self-worth he was unable to turn down a hospital pass. Though even he hesitated. And with good reason, because by the time he had finished with the media, he was a nervous wreck."

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-pours-cold-water-on-boris-johnsons-christmas

Anyone who had their intelligence insulted by Freeman's physically impossible explanations yesterday will enjoy this.

"Then on Thursday night, George got the phone call he had been dreading. After weeks of bad headlines, culminating in frequent parties inside No 10 during lockdown, absolutely everyone in government – even the lowest of the low – had made themselves unavailable for the following morning’s media round. Headaches, holidays, Christmas parties, vacuuming the stables: you name it, the excuses came tumbling out.

So eventually the No 10 communications team decided Freeman was their man. When the chips were down, George was a safe pair of hands. As in, the only pair of hands. The only person in government with so little self-worth he was unable to turn down a hospital pass. Though even he hesitated. And with good reason, because by the time he had finished with the media, he was a nervous wreck."

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-pours-cold-water-on-boris-johnsons-christmas
Absolute classic words from the above article, and how like Boris!
We were now in the realms of Schrödinger’s Night Out. One that had both taken place and not taken place, and which people had both been present at and absent from simultaneously.

President Macron seems still pissed with the idiot :-

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/emmanuel-macron-boris-johnson-france-b1967765.html

This can`t be good when we really need to cooperate with the French......

FFo7-Tau-WQAIdm14.png

(Credit to OP)

Absolute classic words from the above article, and how like Boris!

We were now in the realms of Schrödinger’s Night Out. One that had both taken place and not taken place, and which people had both been present at and absent from simultaneously.
I suppose if the many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics is correct there may be one world among the trillions in the multiverse in which Boris Johnson is telling the truth.

Interesting thoughts of Chris Bryant on being gay under this government. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-59508498
Mr Bryant, who chairs the Commons standards committee, said he had discussed his concerns about culture wars - ideological battles about personal and societal issues - with "people who work in Downing Street".

"They've learned this trick in America from Trump and in the end culture wars will always pick on those who are slightly different and that means the gays, the Jews and the blacks and that's always the list that crops up whenever a populist government gets into power."

Asked for examples, he cited the government's stance on transgender people and that they were "not prepared" to implement a "proper ban" on conversion therapy.

Mr Bryant added: "There's a world where people who think it's politically advantageous to stir that pot and that makes me genuinely fearful.

'I'm not accusing the prime minister of being homophobic but I do feel less physically safe as a gay man than I did 30 years ago."

'I'm not accusing the prime minister of being homophobic but... "

Just as "I'm not a racist, but... " actually means "I am a racist, but I'm not going to admit it"?

Sniffer dogs brought in after traces of cocaine found near Johnson and Patel’ offices in the HoC (London Economic). Comes as no surprise. The behaviour of this government has all the incoherent recklessness of the cocaine-fuelled banking frenzy and collapse of 2008. I’d put money on six or seven Tory MPs, likely a lot more, not being able to get through a drugs test. The drug has been in there for a very long time, I’d put money on it. Likely on the other benches too (it is everywhere there is money). Not a great thing if one is trying to make important decisions.

PS Captured for the historical record by Cold War Steve yesterday (Twitter).

The rest of it is behind the Times paywall unfortunately, but I think we can get the gist of Boris' latest excess. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...t-ministers-throw-out-legal-rulings-qxdwm0jw5
Boris Johnson plans to let ministers throw out legal rulings
PM takes on judges after series of clashes
Tom Newton Dunn, Times Radio | Jonathan Ames, Legal Editor
Monday December 06 2021, 12.01am, The Times

Downing Street is to begin a fresh war with judges over a plan to let ministers throw out any legal rulings they do not like.

Boris Johnson wants to further curtail the power of the courts to overrule decisions by ministers through the process of judicial review, The Times has learnt. The move comes after a series of political clashes with judges that started over Brexit.

The prime minister has ordered Dominic Raab, the justice secretary, to toughen plans to reform judges’ powers to rule on the legality of ministerial decisions. An option drawn up by Raab and Suella Braverman, the attorney-general, that is liked by No 10 is for MPs to pass an annual “Interpretation Bill” to strike out findings from judicial reviews

Continue reading
Get unlimited digital access on any device.

dual-masthead-bcc5303ae7.png

The rest of it is behind the Times paywall unfortunately, but I think we can get the gist of Boris' latest excess. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...t-ministers-throw-out-legal-rulings-qxdwm0jw5

The same story from the Grauniad:

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...s-strike-out-legal-rulings-they-disagree-with

Just like his attempts to prorogue parliament and invoke 'Henry VIII powers' to overrule parliament.

His instinct is always to try and consolidate power exclusively in the executive. It's how tin pot dictators operate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back