advertisement

90s Vinyl Prices

Not a bad investment eh.

Be Here Now is close to 3 figures. Can't have played mine more than 2 or 3 times.

Sorry about posting in the wrong forum.

I have Different Class, This is hard core, at least two Doves records on vinyl, Stanley Road, Heavy Soul & all the Portishead releases from back in the day. I believe that even 1st press Oasis are worth a few quid? I also have 'The Bends' & 'OK computer'

not bad at all, man! i'll pick up a copy of A Different Class at some point -- fab record and another one that really takes me back.

OK Computer is an album i've always admired more than loved. i do, however, have an original 2x10'' copy of Kid A that gets some spins now and then.

this thread encouraged me to find our old copy of Wild Mood Swings, which appears basically unplayed. threw it on the LP12 and it sounds great!

not bad at all, man! i'll pick up a copy of A Different Class at some point -- fab record and another one that really takes me back.

OK Computer is an album i've always admired more than loved. i do, however, have an original 2x10'' copy of Kid A that gets some spins now and then.

this thread encouraged me to find our old copy of Wild Mood Swings, which appears basically unplayed. threw it on the LP12 and it sounds great!
I also have The Kid A vinyl 10", barely played it, it's an OK record but is a faff to listen to at circa 10 mins per side. I love OK Computer but it isn't as accessible as The Bends. I also have the Portishead 'Live in NYC' on vinyl which I've never seen listed, probably not worth as much as I think.

The highest priced LP I have according to discogs is Familiar to Millions, the triple Oasis live in concert. Goes for about £200 average and up to £350. The disc edges are sharp as razor blades and had cut through two of the inners when I first opened it unfortunately. Other than that it's perfect condition, largely because it's not very good and also because it's a right pain in the arse to listen to as you have to change sides every 10 minutes.

Always worth searching on PopSike.com which is a record of eBay sales. Discogs is useful, but usually the first handful on the list appear so damaged or incomplete you’d likely leave them in a £1 bin.

The condition most of us are talking about here is M/M by any normal definition, e.g. stuff like the Doves, Pulp, BOC, Leftfield etc I refer to above was opened, cleaned on a £1k VPI wet vac cleaner, placed into Nagaoka inners and poly outers and only ever played a few times with a >£500 cartridge! They are arguably better than sealed NOS as the vinyl hasn’t sat in hard card inners for decades.

George Michael - 'Older' 1996 is a good example.

Looking at about £500 minimum for a reasonable copy. I believe copies go for in excess of £1000

I have been waiting for a reissue for decades

Always worth searching on PopSike.com which is a record of eBay sales. Discogs is useful, but usually the first handful on the list appear so damaged or incomplete you’d likely leave them in a £1 bin.

The condition most of us are talking about here is M/M by any normal definition, e.g. stuff like the Doves, Pulp, BOC, Leftfield etc I refer to above was opened, cleaned on a £1k VPI wet vac cleaner, placed into Nagaoka inners and poly outers and only ever played a few times with a >£500 cartridge! They are arguably better than sealed NOS as the vinyl hasn’t sat in hard card inners for decades.
Interesting site that, I have three Doves albums on vinyl, they are all worth a fair bit. Surprised how much original OK Computer go for.

Never mind the 90s, I sold a Human League album (Credo, 2011) for £400 a couple of weeks back. Spent the lot on more rekkids.

The OCS B-sides comp also fetches daft money.
Hard to believe that so few people bought it first time round;). The devut & only album by Sunhouse - Crazy on a Weekend is only going to go up I think after Gavin Clarke succumbed to his habits last year.

The highest priced LP I have according to discogs is Familiar to Millions, the triple Oasis live in concert. Goes for about £200 average and up to £350. The disc edges are sharp as razor blades and had cut through two of the inners when I first opened it unfortunately. Other than that it's perfect condition, largely because it's not very good and also because it's a right pain in the arse to listen to as you have to change sides every 10 minutes.

Mine is mint, same as a Be Here Now. Can't remember listening to either from new to be honest.

advertisement

Back