advertisement

80s lp12/Ittok vs new rega rp6

The Well Tempered Amadeus or Versalex sound better than either of these decks IMO. Some LP12 owners have a romantic, I can't consider anything else, type attachment to their decks but for the open minded the WT's offer a more consistent natural sound without sounding dull.

I think the Rega is satisfying up to a certain extend, can be pushed,
but at a certain point the lack of suspension does not let you progress.

I suppose you have an LP12 ?

If you are curious what it is capable of, you can try and get this record:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_Blue_(Kenny_Burrell_album)

Listen to it on the LP12, no matter what cart, arm, drive, can be maxx spec.

Then take the record to any friend or a Rega dealer & listen to it via an RP3 with simple arm and simple MM cart.

Enjoy and report back.. :)

The Well Tempered Amadeus or Versalex sound better than either of these decks IMO. Some LP12 owners have a romantic, I can't consider anything else, type attachment to their decks but for the open minded the WT's offer a more consistent natural sound without sounding dull.

I tend to agree the Amadeus is very special and I think the arm in particular has

a huge part in that, really an amazing design.

I'm very curious if someone will install this arm on a good , damped deck with

high quality AC drive, i.e. a DPS3 or similar & how this compares to the

Amadeus itself.

I'd agree that from level of presentation there's no real need for exploring any

further, but to me it would be interesting.

P9 for me also , spent more time fiddling with my old LP12 than listening to music on it.
regards
David

I loved my Naimed LP12. Until I realised that other TT's (P9 as well as Orbe SE) got lots more information out of those grooves (imagine Cecil Taylor singing/humming with his piano playing!) in an even more coherent way.

regards,
Klyde

Thanks Ian.. :)

from your reply I suppose this Galaxy's best looking deck is capable of doing the

'Midnight Blue' as well...?

advertisement

Back