advertisement

2015-2016 Premiership Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Celtic cannot even fill there own ground whereas Man U are the best supported UK club and have the third best average attendance in Europe for last season this despite it being yet again a not very good season this leaves Celtic very firmly in their wake.

Anyway this is a premiership football thread I started a thread for you fifth rate Scottish supporters, so do one.

I'll go on any thread I want sunshine. I wasn't discussing Scottish football, but making a UK comparison.

Your greatest ever manager was Scottish and was proud of Scottish football and its supporters. So as Fergie would say take a flying something to yourself.

Are they known across Glagow for their embrace of all things British? They do quite well in generating fines for their "sense of fair play and respect for opposition "

I think you'll find they are Scottish and they embrace Scottishness. Celtic have always had an international outlook and have fans all over the world the world*. Do you expect them to have strips that resemble the Union Jack?

* There are over 380 Celtic supporters' clubs in over 70 countries around the world.

I think you'll find they are Scottish and they embrace Scottishness. Celtic have always had an international outlook and have fans all over the world the world*. Do you expect them to have strips that resemble the Union Jack?

* There are over 380 Celtic supporters' clubs in over 70 countries around the world.

They embrace celticness and Celticness surely? If they embraced Scottishness then there couldn't be any issues with other Scottish teams? They can have a strip that reflects their roots but that could be the Irish side or the part of the UK side. They chose green. But there is a tradition of blue as a significant colour in Ireland so it could have ended up either way. You could also try another colour altogether. Lots of clubs do. I won't suggest "tangerine ".

I'm glad you haven't tried to make excuses up for the fining and consistent bad behaviour of (some- it almost always is) fans.

No surprises here;

Four Chelsea fans accused of refusing to allow a black man on to the Paris Metro have been banned from attending football matches for up to five years.

They were told they could not attend games at home or abroad.

Another Chelsea supporter, received a five-year banning order ahead of the court hearing for a number of incidents. BBC

Celtic cannot even fill there own ground whereas Man U are the best supported UK club and have the third best average attendance in Europe for last season this despite it being yet again a not very good season this leaves Celtic very firmly in their wake.

Though the largest in England by a fair margin, I suspect that Utd's reported home attendances are still somewhat inflated (I've seen that in the MEN and Police stats) by up to 10,000 so they're probably closer to Shalke in 6th place.

edit: just found this
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ealed-manchester-uniteds-old-trafford-2592078

More fans would watch a United reserves game than Man City v Chelsea.

Let's see how many turn up to watch Chelsea when they're playing at Wembley while Stamford Bridge is rebuilt.

Though the largest in England by a fair margin, I suspect that Utd's reported home attendances are still somewhat inflated (I've seen that in the MEN and Police stats) by up to 10,000 so they're probably closer to Shalke in 6th place.

edit: just found this
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ealed-manchester-uniteds-old-trafford-2592078

Utd's attendance is also restricted by the size of Old Trafford otherwise they would probably be the best supported club in the world on a match day attendance.

I see that now the scum are no longer competitive on the pitch their fan base is reduced to arguing about attendance bragging rights!

Long may it continue.

Bloody hell Bob you not been taking your medicine again, bet your carer will give you a swift one in the nads if she knows you have been accessing the internet again, then again you'd probably enjoy that!

I see that now the scum are no longer competitive on the pitch their fan base is reduced to arguing about attendance bragging rights!

Long may it continue.

I thought they were quite competitive while giving City a good hiding not so long ago. Presumably you'd forgotten that one :D

Let's see how many turn up to watch Chelsea when they're playing at Wembley while Stamford Bridge is rebuilt.

I know a lifelong Chelsea fan, and season ticket holder, who wont go to Wembley while Stamford Bridge is being rebuilt.

The bloke is an international DJ. He has got the hump because the idiots who play with the wrongly shaped ball at Twickenham have turned us down.

I will buy a season ticket for Chelsea playing at Wembley, if they sell them.

The three racists should have been banned for life, when they were sentenced the other day.

Jack

Jose Mourinho is good craic, no mata (sic) what you think of his players and their fans.

The Chelsea boss spoke after Benitez's wife joked her husband was "tidying up" another Mourinho "mess" at Real.

"The lady is a bit confused," Mourinho, 52, said "Her husband went to Chelsea to replace Roberto Di Matteo and he went to Real Madrid and replaced Carlo Ancelotti.

He said that if Montserrat Seara, Benitez's wife, focused on taking care "of her husband's diet" then "she will not have any time to talk about me".

Chelsea ladies won the Women's FA Cup Final at Wembley yesterday by beating Nottingham 1 - 0. Wonder if they'll have a celebration parade along King's Road?

Just need Mourinho and the team to kick Wenger's balls in during the Community Shield this afternoon.

Jack

Well, as a Chelsea fan having just watched Charity Shield, I have to say....that was not a good start

Chelsea ladies won the Women's FA Cup Final at Wembley yesterday by beating Nottingham 1 - 0. Wonder if they'll have a celebration parade along King's Road?

Just need Mourinho and the team to kick Wenger's balls in during the Community Shield this afternoon.

Jack

Chelsea were indeed trying to kick Arsenal's balls, fortunately they were generally off target.

Chelsea were indeed trying to kick Arsenal's balls, fortunately they were generally off target.

I kind of agree. Hazard and Ramires should have scored. What a waste of space Loic Remy was, he was consistently offside because he was too lazy to move.

Oh well, things can only improve.

Jack

I kind of agree. Hazard and Ramires should have scored. What a waste of space Loic Remy was, he was consistently offside because he was too lazy to move.

Oh well, things can only improve.

Jack

Falcao is a big gamble with his knee injury history & Costa with dodgy hamstrings. You might be struggling up front this year Jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back