advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime III

I have just quit Netflix turns out we were watching like one thing a month and now it’s gone up
Me as well - really struggling to find something or just watching stuff for the sake of it.
Was waiting for the latest season of 'Better Call Saul' but found the first couple of episodes somewhat underwhelming.

Me as well - really struggling to find something or just watching stuff for the sake of it.
Was waiting for the latest season of 'Better Call Saul' but found the first couple of episodes somewhat underwhelming.

Apple TV is decent and Disney + is excellent there's also Amazon Prime too. There's plenty of free stuff now, IMDB movies for example (think it's renamed now) and Rakuten TV which also has free stuff and their rental movies are a very good price vs the other services.

I ended up watching season four till the end overnight. I enjoyed it, but as I said before it had a very “busy” plot line!

I have just quit Netflix turns out we were watching like one thing a month and now it’s gone up
I had Netflix bought for my birthday.
Baffling as everyone knows I listen to music 99% of the time but it does please the boss
Can't see me wanting to continue as there is little to recommend it and we have Prime anyway
So much has been done before. Cliches galore

Netflix is worth getting if you've never had it. Catch up on all the good stuff you missed, then drop it. Rinse and repeat in 10 years time.

I imagine that's true of quite a few TV subscription services. They can't produce new good stuff fast enough to make it permanently worthwhile.

Of course once we've all done that the whole model starts to look a little flaky. The past few years might've been a one off golden period for Netflix et al.

Netflix is worth getting if you've never had it. Catch up on all the good stuff you missed, then drop it. Rinse and repeat in 10 years time.

I imagine that's true of quite a few TV subscription services. They can't produce new good stuff fast enough to make it permanently worthwhile.

Of course once we've all done that the whole model starts to look a little flaky. The past few years might've been a one off golden period for Netflix et al.
Watching all the stuff we missed was what I thought we would do while we had the sub
What surprised me was the lack of good films and series. So much dross
We have started so many and stopped, sometimes before finishing even episode 1

Just watched the happytime murders (muppet movie) on Amazon Prime, some real laugh out loud moments. Would recommend but definitely not family viewing.

Just watched the happytime murders (muppet movie) on Amazon Prime, some real laugh out loud moments. Would recommend but definitely not family viewing.

If it's as good as The Fuzz (2014) then I'll need to watch that next time I take up a free trial of Prime. Sadly The Fuzz doesn't seem to be available on any streaming platform in the UK just now though, which is a shame as that was so cool.

Netflix France is doing OK. We watched "The Takedown" with Omar Sy (Lupin) it was funnier that we had hoped. The plot is a little thin but it makes up for it with the daft gags.

Love, Death and Robots Season 3. My favourite has to be ‘Jibaro’ (the siren in the lake). Astounding animation (and sound design too).

I caught up with 1883, a single series prequel to Yellowstone.
It does a decent job of depicting the pioneer trail of west America, mostly sad and bleak with plenty of trials and tribulations.
I believe there will be another called 1932...

Love, Death and Robots Season 3. My favourite has to be ‘Jibaro’ (the siren in the lake). Astounding animation (and sound design too).

I agree - the references to the Odyssey, the Spanish conquistadors and Suvannamaccha were interesting, but it was a powerful story by itself. A standout in a very good third series.

advertisement

Back