advertisement

Royd Audio

Will you be selling direct or via Dealers Adam? How do we get to hear them at home is what I'm getting at I guess.

First and foremost a big thank you to all those that took the time out to listen to the new Troubadour speakers and to all the positive feedback especially those existing Royd owners!

On a personal note a big thank your to Paul Darwin at Rega, Jason Gould and Steven Hopkins at Naim who were so generous in loaning the kit for the show. For those that wanted to know we ran a Rega RP6 [exact cartridge] a Naim Stageline, Nait XS2 and an Arcam DV29 - seemingly modest by other rooms standards!

Will you be selling direct or via Dealers Adam? How do we get to hear them at home is what I'm getting at I guess.

Hi bourney, currently I'm selling directly via the website though I'm not ruling out select dealers at this stage.

I made a similar point at the start of the thread.

The new speaker, taking nothing away from the fact that it might be totally awesome, is about as much "Royd" as the pair of shoes i have on.

Acquiring the rights to a name and making a few badges, does NOT make it a Royd!

What about Spendor then? Spencer Hughes died some time ago, and his son Derek isn't involved with the company.
Philip Swift took over Spendor and it's a successful company with good products.
All the best to Adam and Royd...

Hopefully you will have a few select dealers in time. If you have a show near Cheshire I will definately be along to hear them. I must get prepared for the next big audio show and get ready to travel

I wouldnt go for an internet ordering option without a full demo. The colours are growing on me but at the moment I prefer something more subtle that isnt black

I really feel as though I missed out on hearing them this time

Hopefully you will have a few select dealers in time. If you have a show near Cheshire I will definately be along to hear them. I must get prepared for the next big audio show and get ready to travel

I wouldnt go for an internet ordering option without a full demo. The colours are growing on me but at the moment I prefer something more subtle that isnt black

I really feel as though I missed out on hearing them this time

I've just added three more traditional finishes in solid Oak, Walnut and Cherry to the lineup.

I have the opportunity to buy both Abbots and Minstrels. The speakers should be placed in corners,distance between them would be 2m. The amp is Heed Obelisk Si. I've never had listened to the Royds so I don't know which one sounds better. Help please :)

Because of their popularity you will probably have more chance of finding someone using the Minstrels with the Obelisk so perhaps they could offer an opinion on that combination but not obviously in your particular room. Some of the Polish forums have people with Royds and Heed.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful but you ask a very subjective question pretty much impossible to answer by anyone other than you, but perhaps you should first ask yourself what characteristics in the reproduction of your music you are interested in?

From my own experience of Minstrels, you will need the ports firing inwards if they're close to a side wall. The Heed will suit both speakers perfectly. I've never heard a bad Royd speaker, although Abbots are one of the ones I haven't.

I'm one of the biggest Royd fans, across the pond in Canada. In addition to creating the final website for Royd before Joe's retirement, I still own the roydaudio.com domain. ;) (Yes, I'm willing to arrange for transfer of the domain.)

I've owned the RR3, Albion, Minstrel SE, Sintra, Merlin, Squire, A7, A7X, AV77, and likely more that I can't recall. They were all great speakers!

Coincidentally, one of my RR3's has caught a cold that's proving devilishly difficult to cure. It's too bad you won't be repairing the old models.

Good luck on your new endeavour. Please contact me via [email protected] regarding the domain transfer.

Mike Hanson
what model royd you favorite?

Yes, I've heard various Epos models. They're quite good, but Royd speakers have typically suited my ears better, as they seem a bit more light-footed and nimble. It's been a very long time, though, but the periods match up with my Royd listening.

Yes, I've heard various Epos models. They're quite good, but Royd speakers have typically suited my ears better, as they seem a bit more light-footed and nimble. It's been a very long time, though, but the periods match up with my Royd listening.
How compared royd rr3 with epos 11?

do you heard royd sorcerer se or royd sorcerer?

I've had the Sorcerers and regrettable should not have sold on.
One of the very best bookshelfs IME.
SE not very common, could be collectors item.

Never experienced Albion's, guess not many around,
But most of the original Royds are very good VFM.

advertisement

Back