advertisement

Best debut album ever?

Er Burning Blue Soul...?? which is good in a prototype way.

Or Talking Heads - 77, also New Order - Movement is pretty good.

I always thought BBS was credited to Matt Johnson? could be wrong

If we're talking "best debut album ever", then saying Movement is pretty good isn't convincing me

Great album though:cool:

I always thought BBS was credited to Matt Johnson? could be wrong

If we're talking "best debut album ever", then saying Movement is pretty good isn't convincing me

Great album though:cool:

For me Matt and The The are pretty much interchangeable, but I get your point.

Ace.
Now that is a superb local term.

The Wife had no idea what I was on about when I first used it in her company.
Mind you, the term ‘cob,’ had her confused as well.
Not even bothered with ‘having a Cob-On…’
or even, ‘Monk On.’

That was his third album ;)

His debut was a little less, er, 'good'.

Amazing...I'm full of many miss-conceptions. I've never heard of Deserted Palace or the other two.... and I consider myself a fan, well, I have been listening to Jarre since Oxygene was released.

Thanks!

Suprised The Strokes 'Is This It' not mentioned thus far.

Beat me to it! One of the most significant first contributions.

I’d also add:
Royal Blood, eponymous
The Weeknd, Trilogy
Daftpunk, homework
Kendrick Lamar, good kid m.a.a.d city
Rage against the machine, eponymous
Erik B and Rakim, paid in full
Drake, thank me later
The xx, xx
Norah Jones, come away with me
Kayne West, the college dropout

Yes The Stone Roses is a magnificent album, but the answer is beyond doubt because Led Zeppelin is not only the best debut album it is simply the best album of all time. If you think otherwise, well you’re wrong !

04-E13-FD6-3629-4-C7-F-8912-0-BB11605-E4-E0.jpg
REM , murmur, low key genius. Still the one hardcore fans cite as favourite. Gardening ep only hints at what’s to come.
First time I heard it I knew they were MY BAND for life.

Mahavishnu Orchestra - The Inner Mounting Flame. It might not have been the first Jazz/Rock fusion album but what a debut.

Violent Femmes - Violent Femmes. I don't think many would consider this, but I think It's a cracker of a debut.

Peter Hammill - Fools Mate. A wee gem. I still don't get why the cover depicts Scholar's mate.

Err.. I'm not just saying this.. but there was this band in the early 1960s who did music like nobody else. They sounded different, acted different and even wrote some of their own songs.

Whether you like them or not.. it was one heluva debut.

iu
I’m a huge Beatles fan & love this record, I don’t see it as a ‘best debut ever’ but it certainly introduced them to the world. They are, of course, the best band of all time.

advertisement

Back