advertisement

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown II?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say I don’t remember it - but there was a shopping trolley in front of me when I woke up in the bath just now... and I don’t recall a tennis racket hanging from the kitchen tools rack before.
That made me laugh out loud - wife came in, had a look at the posts and left bemused :)

Dentist soon, the job is to dig out (drill noise) a cracked filling (drill noise) and replace the filling.

I am hoping they give the lignocaine gum injection long enough to work. I have known a dentist to inject analgesia into my gum, and then start hacking away without waiting a few minutes for the local analgesic to begin to work.

Venison casserole later. With mashed potatoes I hope, and steamed tenderstem broccoli drowning in butter...

I think I ordered a toaster a few days ago (?) just had a vision of toast.

I had better check.

I'm waiting for my double spider plinth coming direct from Michell(a really lovely company to deal with) then have fun striping it all down applying the denso damp eventually and rocking on until its safe to emerge from my bunker:):)

Dentist soon, the job is to dig out (drill noise) a cracked filling (drill noise) and replace the filling.

I am hoping they give the lignocaine gum injection long enough to work. I have known a dentist to inject analgesia into my gum, and then start hacking away without waiting a few minutes for the local analgesic to begin to work.

Venison casserole later. With mashed potatoes I hope, and steamed tenderstem broccoli drowning in butter...

I think I ordered a toaster a few days ago (?) just had a vision of toast.

I had better check.
I always have to tell my dentist every time that I need a double dose of anaesthetic. One is never enough.

fascinating day , offered a job by a door fitting service company who are totally desparate for help as booked up till christmas !!! would i like to sand and paint their doors er no thanks !!!

then found a dead baby pet rabbit in the garden , thats a first

then did the sound and assisted colleague doing a zoom funeral for someone who died of covid , the lady was quite a character and there was warts and all tributes unlike some of the gushing 100% perfect eulogies you get sometimes . glad today we did not have any LWB jags getting beached as they tried to get into the carpark like last time !!!:eek:

I always have to tell my dentist every time that I need a double dose of anaesthetic. One is never enough.

Yep.

I had a ‘ I am a sensitive child...’ conversation pre-drilling. I still had a second injection 5 minutes into the drilling out of the old filling. I can’t whistle for toffee, and I have requested mashed potatoes later, with the venison casserole. Have to eat on the other side of my mouth today, chewing is to be avoided.

My wife constantly takes the peas out of me for being sensitive. I can feel a crumb in the bed, or a grass seed in my sock with astounding accuracy. “Princess and the Pea!” is what she usually shouts in my ear with relish. My regular retort is that at least one of us is sensitive. She is a hoot.

Sniffing glue and putting a pan of taties on the gas to serve with cabbage spam and peas. Might take whippets out after sorting the ferret cages then burn the local Tory office down in a fit of pique. Funerals Thursday I'd ask mandryka to attend but then I'd end up on a murder charge.

Another day, another batch of Uncle Marchbanks’ semi-legendary Olde Original Sultana Cookies.

50513286211_30aee9639f_z.jpg

I have stocked up the Headway charity shop with crate diggers delights today.

Somebody will find a great copy - 7” of Free ‘Wishing Well’
Also a Nr.Mint copy of Hello, Dolly! OST o_O
and a clean Nelson Riddle and his orchestra banging out classics.

Closer to Christmas, I start to stick in rarer stuff. Shame I can’t put the Faust and other prog. in the shop. It would get nicked. I might try it again though. I really like the idea of scanning of charity shop and finding stuff that isn’t normally there. So I chuck in new L.P’s that I don’t like sometimes. Got to spice it up for the regular diggers who expect something special now and again.

Just picked up the empty plastic sleeves from the sales at the Headway shop.
Somebody’s purchased > Tracey Ullman L.P. / John Travolta ‘ Sandy’ L.P. / P.h. D 12” / Betty Boo 12” / Elton John 12” just yesterday. Total cost £6.50 - all clean records, no scratches.

I now have to pick what to put into the empty sleeves. :) Great fun.

edit:

Nowt special, but all very clean!
‘My Fair Lady’ ost
Rita Coolidge L.P.
G.Q. disco 12” from 1979. :)
Sky ‘Sky’
John Williams ‘Changes’

nothing over £3. I reckon that is reasonable without taking the peas - we still get folks moaning that the records should all be 50p each.

(dealers !)

Mmm, yummy. Can I put an order in?

After due consideration (ie can’t be arsed to get involved in mass distribution) Uncle Marchbanks PLC has decided to waive its intellectual property rights and share its recipe. Uncle Marchbanks PLC would like to deny that this is because it was shamelessly stolen from someone else on the internet*.

100g sugar
100g butter
1/2 tsp of sea salt crystals crushed a little (optional, but compulsory for me)
1 tbsp Golden syrup
150g self raising flour
Sultanas to taste, or anything else you fancy**

Soften butter and mix with sugar. Mix in the rest of the ingredients one by one. Divide into 12 dollops on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Bake at 180C for 12 (softish centres) to 15 (a bit firmer) minutes. They will be soft - don’t panic, they will firm up as they cool.

*would like to, but in all honesty can’t.
** chocolate chunks, bits of Crunchie, nougat etc. NB the Heston Blumenthal limited edition (broccoli and seaweed) was not a huge success.

After due consideration (ie can’t be arsed to get involved in mass distribution) Uncle Marchbanks PLC has decided to waive its intellectual property rights and share its recipe. Uncle Marchbanks PLC would like to deny that this is because it was shamelessly stolen from someone else on the internet*.

100g sugar
100g butter
1/2 tsp of sea salt crystals crushed a little (optional, but compulsory for me)
1 tbsp Golden syrup
150g self raising flour
Sultanas to taste, or anything else you fancy**

Soften butter and mix with sugar. Mix in the rest of the ingredients one by one. Divide into 12 dollops on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Bake at 180C for 12 (softish centres) to 15 (a bit firmer) minutes. They will be soft - don’t panic, they will firm up as they cool.

*would like to, but in all honesty can’t.
** chocolate chunks, bits of Crunchie, nougat etc. NB the Heston Blumenthal limited edition (broccoli and seaweed) was not a huge success.

Can I like this twice over!

The Wife has spotted a house she likes the look of.

After 26 years in current house, and getting the hi-fi room just as I like it, this is a head-scratcher.

The potential new gaff looks like it could be the one.

(the one in as much as it would be the last house we move to.)

The house ticks all of our (fussy) requirements.

Wifey has telephoned the vendor and there is a lot of interest (well, they would say that wouldn’t they?) and we are booked for a viewing.

My personal requirements =
- hi-fi room with view - must be bigger room and have a better view than we already have.
- another lavatory.
- as quiet a location as we already have.
- the house has to be the one, I hate moving house, and would be snippy if after 10 years it became less desirable.

Also I sense a cooked breakfast/brunch, there is a fizzle in the air.

I have just replaced all the window locks because after thirty years they had seen better days.

Just bought some eggs, wholemeal rolls and a sourdough loaf from a local pub. They sell them at cost price in an attempt to keep their supply chain going as they are serving much less food themselves.

Also picked up a new hose for the shower.

...and then I got a bit carried away and decided to go for the full strip down and service. Now waiting for the components and new gearbox grease to arrive... I think I see how to split the gearbox casing - but I need two adjustable spanners and a good deal of courage to get the top gear wheel off first. I think I might pay a visit to my retired motor engineer friend in the next village - just to see how he is, you understand.

50502647152_7fa9ce5a1a_c.jpg

Gearbox fixed. The motor was running a little lumpiIy, so I decided to dismantle it, check the governor and oil the bearings. Whilst doing this three washers of various thickness and materials fell out, at different times and from positions unknown. They had stuck themselves in position with oil or grease and made a bid for freedom when I thought there was nothing there. No sign of any of them in the (previous model) schematic. Oiled bearings, reassembled, decided to go for it. Motor runs beautifully. Now staring balefully at leftover washers and trying to decide on a course of action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back