advertisement

System Pics 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice, whats the details?

And why close off that garden view?
Thanks!

Cambridge CXC (modded)+ Fanless Netbook +Bluesound Node 2i feeding a Mytek Brooklyn DAC with an external LPSU; GamuT Di150LE integrated driving a pair of Monitor Audio PL100II; a pair of REL R528SE subwoofers.

I think a low sun was hitting me directly when I took the picture so I closed some curtains.

Yes, the blinds are practically integrated in the window frames but you can open all of them.

I don't use roon. Although I have a Tidal Hifi subscription I still listen to local files a lot and even play some CDs.

Thinking about whether my LRS’s may benefit from a sub or two but don’t want to forsake the transparency and they’ll need to be fast.RELs are recommended but not above the Maggie sub, though I’ve heard mixed reviews.

Bigbottle mk3 phono stage + psu arrived.

50222725606_cc11d50738_o_d.jpg

What are the blocks in the speaker cables?

Thanks!

At least to my ears, they do.

I'll have a good friend come over and help me with the fine tuning, though. Not measurement based, note, I just trust his ears and his musical expertise.
Apropos of nothing, wouldn't it save space (and maybe money) to have a pair of larger full range speakers?

Thinking about whether my LRS’s may benefit from a sub or two but don’t want to forsake the transparency and they’ll need to be fast.RELs are recommended but not above the Maggie sub, though I’ve heard mixed reviews.
There are many differences between REL subs IME.
If you buy a REL R528SE or a G2 it will probably be quite easy to integrate and there will be no tradeoffs.
And a pair is even easier to integrate!

Apropos of nothing, wouldn't it save space (and maybe money) to have a pair of larger full range speakers?

That's a good question.

Yes, a pair of larger speakers would certainly save space.

In terms of money not really.

But the most important thing is the flexibility of the standmounts + subs in terms of adjustment (gain/ crossover). And when properly integrated you get a proper full range setup (it will be difficult for large speakers go as low as the subs). I think that even if I had larger speakers (I feel absolutely no need considering the room size and my listening position) I'd still keep the pair of subs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back