advertisement

System Pics 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
One is a td160 with an SME 3009 and the other is a Trio kd1033

I thought about the 1033 but I only remember them in black in the UK. It was my first turntable I ever owned. Likewise the Thorens, it looked like plinth of the 166 with the original lift/ lower device but of course the 160 was available with it’s own arm as well.

I thought about the 1033 but I only remember them in black in the UK. It was my first turntable I ever owned. Likewise the Thorens, it looked like plinth of the 166 with the original lift/ lower device but of course the 160 was available with it’s own arm as well.

The Trio a wood effect plastic wrap on it which I stripped off and then sanded and plied the real wood underneath. The Thorens I made a new mahogany plinth for.

I would like to introduce my quite modest system.
It was built and particulary upgraded since 2010. when I moved to bigger flat. The living room where the gears was positioned was 4.5m x 4.2m, h-1.70 to 3.0m but it is only one part of bigger space with kitchen and dinning room. All together it is around 45 square meters. So it is strange sizes, with sloping roof with wooden beams. Acoustically looks and sounds very good and enough damped, still without any acoustic treatments.

System contains:
Rega RS 5 speakers
Heed - Elixir integrated amp
Hegel HD 11 dac
Cocktail Audio N15D streamer (Nova Fidelity)
Rega RP 1 Performance pack (Bias 2)
Wireworld Matrix 2 power distribution block

All cables except Chord Odyssey 2 speakers cable, coming from FTA serbian production (4x power cord,1x interconnect, 1x digital coax, 1x LAN). Someone maybe know, Final Touch Audio is nowadays one of the most popular cable producer coming from Serbia.

I will try to add some pictures to fulfill introduction.

Dubwisers pics

Thank Amber Audio for technical support :)
The last changes in 2020 were new streamer, Cocktail N15D instead of older Yamaha multifunction player, than cables. I replaced old coax to new ones than in June/July I've changed 3 power cords for 3 new from highier FTA range. They made separately one by one during tests very noticeable sonic improvements, so this is some kind "end game" looking cables environment for system's price range.

Bigbottle mk3 phono stage + psu arrived.

50222725606_cc11d50738_o_d.jpg

I would like to introduce my quite modest system.
It was built and particulary upgraded since 2010. when I moved to bigger flat. The living room where the gears was positioned was 4.5m x 4.2m, h-1.70 to 3.0m but it is only one part of bigger space with kitchen and dinning room. All together it is around 45 square meters. So it is strange sizes, with sloping roof with wooden beams. Acoustically looks and sounds very good and enough damped, still without any acoustic treatments.

System contains:
Rega RS 5 speakers
Heed - Elixir integrated amp
Hegel HD 11 dac
Cocktail Audio N15D streamer (Nova Fidelity)
Rega RP 1 Performance pack (Bias 2)
Wireworld Matrix 2 power distribution block

All cables except Chord Odyssey 2 speakers cable, coming from FTA serbian production (4x power cord,1x interconnect, 1x digital coax, 1x LAN). Someone maybe know, Final Touch Audio is nowadays one of the most popular cable producer coming from Serbia.

I will try to add some pictures to fulfill introduction.
That’s a nice system Dubwiser. Bet they have good synergy.

Bet they have good synergy.
Thank you Del monaco.
Yes indeed, synergy is everything with good match between room and speakers load.
I've had several amps before Heed. Rotel RA1062, Naim Nait5-2 italic, Rega Elex R are the last ones.
Rotel was too dry and bright, Naim has no information in high range with uncontroled and boomy bass, Rega was too boring, flat, without life in presentation.
Then Heed comes and makes my sound completely different.
And good cabels comes like a slag on the cake.
Me happy!

^ From my point of view, every detail in chain is important if you want to take maximum from any component you have.
Better mains makes a huge difference here. I have tried more than 20 pcs in current setup.
They are the basis of the periphery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back