advertisement

pfm Health Club

Mostly walking at the moment. I damaged my knee many years ago, which aches if overused, and I’m hoping it will complain less as it has less weight to bear. Rowing will also be more appealing than a walk on colder, darker, wetter days!
Keep on plugging Wb. An off week is just that, if it's any consolation I went climbing today and I was useless. Got back, slept 3 hours. Anyone can have an off day.

[2020-01-26] 141.1kg
[2020-02-29] 138.3kg
[2020-03-07] 136.5kg 2000m in 9:50
[2020-03-14] 135.2kg 2000m in 9:45.6
[2020-03-21] 133.7kg
[2020-03-28] 133.1kg 3000m in 14:24.0
[2020-04-04] 132.0kg 2000m in 9:36.0
[2020-04-11] 130.9kg
[2020-04-18] 130.7kg
[2020-04-25] 129.7kg
[2020-05-02] 129.0kg
[2020-05-09] 128.1kg
[2020-05-16] 127.6kg
[2020-05-23] 127.1kg
[2020-05-30] 126.5kg
[2020-06-06] 125.9kg
[2020-06-13] 125.3kg (Corrected)
[2020-06-20] 125.2kg
[2020-06-27] 124.9kg

Stalled a little in truth. Builders finishing extension and a holiday that’s been more of an exercise in worrying over a myriad of details. Excuses really, but even if I edge down the weight during these last few weeks of this I’ll take that.

[2020-01-26] 141.1kg
[2020-02-29] 138.3kg
[2020-03-07] 136.5kg 2000m in 9:50
[2020-03-14] 135.2kg 2000m in 9:45.6
[2020-03-21] 133.7kg
[2020-03-28] 133.1kg 3000m in 14:24.0
[2020-04-04] 132.0kg 2000m in 9:36.0
[2020-04-11] 130.9kg
[2020-04-18] 130.7kg
[2020-04-25] 129.7kg
[2020-05-02] 129.0kg
[2020-05-09] 128.1kg
[2020-05-16] 127.6kg
[2020-05-23] 127.1kg
[2020-05-30] 126.5kg
[2020-06-06] 125.9kg
[2020-06-13] 125.3kg (Corrected)
[2020-06-20] 125.2kg
[2020-06-27] 124.9kg
[2020-07-04] 125.2kg

Most definitely stalled. I know why though, so things will improve fairly soon.

^ I wouldn’t worry about it, I think it does your body good to recalibrate / have a rest. That’s the equivalent of about 3000 calories consumed / not burned or a bit of water retention to have dropped weight. You know where you’re going (and it’s not down the pub :)).

I've dropped weight but lost muscle due to decorating duties and other priorities. On the bright side, my living room looks quite nice.

I yo yo’d in June, put a few llbs back on by the middle, in the past that’s when I’d have given up, but maybe as a result of shielding and not being able to go out for meals it kept me in the game and yesterday I had lost them again and was a couple llbs lighter than start of June. Keep at it WB, your Sat updates are a big help/inspiration and I bet I’m not alone on this.
ATB
Gus

Thanks Gus. Don’t worry, this is a long game. Currently dealing with joint work and building (annex for my mother) stresses. I’m coasting for now, but the annex should be complete at the end of the month, and poorly mother moved in - then it’s just work stresses, and I can cope with them on their own! :)

Go @Whaleblue! We're all with you on this one.

<cliche> it's a marathon, not a sprint</cliche>

Marathons look bloody hard work.

For myself, I stagnated at around 96.5kg for ages despite my best efforts. A renewed effort driven by needing to be fit as I can in case I catch the virus I'm now down to 93.5kg in very little time.

Stress at work (all good, just extremely busy) and home (all good, just managing the annex build to get mother here ASAP) combined to make the last few weeks bloody hard work. Nearing the end of the build, so expect to be losing again soon. Like you I have basic wellness in mind!

Fell off the wagon, well treadmill/diet plan too, few things have piled up at home and mainly the business, decided to take a break and shrug off the guilt, hopefully I’ll get back even-steven by end July. Bloody clients, most are really decent and understanding but a couple are downright awkward/pedantic d**k****s.

I have done OK, lost 13Kg since New Year, a good ways to go still.

Whaleblue - first, congrats on your efforts. Second, the following helped me shed a kgs (apologies if they have already been mentioned): 1. The Couch to 5K app/rowing machine 2. Reducing the diary to vegan ratio (can recommend Joel Fuhrman's books) 3. Good quality sleep (for some reason). 4. Fasting - either one 24 session per week or eating all your meals within an 8-hour period.

Just thought I'd pop in to share some info that may be beneficial to others.

At Xmas I weighed 177KG. Scary I know, but that's what a sedentary lifestyle and food addiction can do! So I had one of those rare and beautiful moments of clarity, and woke up to what I had done to myself, to how I was letting myself down, and knew I'd had enough of it, that I had to change, and for good.

On January 2nd I began my mission by cutting out most carbs, just getting enough from vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower which I'd eat with a steak or salmon for dinner. Though sometimes I'd have baked beans. Breakfast was scrambled eggs, or a few sausages if I was working. Maybe some chicken for lunch. I lost around 10kg in January just by doing this.

At the start of February I began walking. I couldn't do it for very long, averaging a few kilometres each time, three times a day if not working, and twice if I was, before work and after. I think I lost about 7kg more. I'd do the odd treadmill walk in the gym if the weather was poor.

By March I was able to do around 3-4 km per walk, two to three per day, every day, and got down to around 155kg, eating similarly.

In April I tried Keto for a week and lost 5kg more, but felt kind of low. I think the severity of carb restriction caused this, so despite the results I stopped Keto. Instead I began intermittent fasting with roughly a 16 hour fast and 8 hour 'feeding' window. Basically I'd eat a breakfast at around 9am consisting of scrambled eggs or a few sausages, and steak/salmon/chicken with veg at 5-6pm. I was getting a bit fitter and regularly doing 5km per walk. I was hungry at first between meals and in the evenings, but soon acclimatised, and my determination was very strong, so I didn't find it too difficult.

This is when the weight really started shifting! The science behind it is that around 10 hours or so after eating your body begins to run out of the glycogen it created from the food you last ate, and instead burns fat for energy. So when sleeping you're often burning fat, and when doing exercise in the morning, before breaking the fast you burn fat. So I stuck to this bar cutting out the sausages. I now only eat non-processed food.

In May I was walking 6-7km each time, and getting faster. By June I was often doing 7-8km each time, and at the start of this month I joined a gym where I'm doing resistance training with a personal trainer. I'm still walking and now swimming too. My weight is now 112kg, I've got as much energy as I had 20 years ago, and more determination than ever. My goal is around 100kg though it'll probably take a few months to get there as I'm building muscle while losing fat.

So having tried several different things I've found that along with exercise intermittent fasting is by far the best way to get in shape, while keeping carb intake relatively low, and eating whole, fresh non-processed food.

I've lost 65kg now, or 10.2 stone, in just over six months, and people I don't even know are stopping to congratulate me, having seen me walking over the last five months.

I'll never be unfit again!

I hope this info is beneficial to some.

Just thought I'd pop in to share some info that may be beneficial to others.

At Xmas I weighed 177KG. Scary I know, but that's what a sedentary lifestyle and food addiction can do! So I had one of those rare and beautiful moments of clarity, and woke up to what I had done to myself, to how I was letting myself down, and knew I'd had enough of it, that I had to change, and for good.

On January 2nd I began my mission by cutting out most carbs, just getting enough from vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower which I'd eat with a steak or salmon for dinner. Though sometimes I'd have baked beans. Breakfast was scrambled eggs, or a few sausages if I was working. Maybe some chicken for lunch. I lost around 10kg in January just by doing this.

At the start of February I began walking. I couldn't do it for very long, averaging a few kilometres each time, three times a day if not working, and twice if I was, before work and after. I think I lost about 7kg more. I'd do the odd treadmill walk in the gym if the weather was poor.

By March I was able to do around 3-4 km per walk, two to three per day, every day, and got down to around 155kg, eating similarly.

In April I tried Keto for a week and lost 5kg more, but felt kind of low. I think the severity of carb restriction caused this, so despite the results I stopped Keto. Instead I began intermittent fasting with roughly a 16 hour fast and 8 hour 'feeding' window. Basically I'd eat a breakfast at around 9am consisting of scrambled eggs or a few sausages, and steak/salmon/chicken with veg at 5-6pm. I was getting a bit fitter and regularly doing 5km per walk. I was hungry at first between meals and in the evenings, but soon acclimatised, and my determination was very strong, so I didn't find it too difficult.

This is when the weight really started shifting! The science behind it is that around 10 hours or so after eating your body begins to run out of the glycogen it created from the food you last ate, and instead burns fat for energy. So when sleeping you're often burning fat, and when doing exercise in the morning, before breaking the fast you burn fat. So I stuck to this bar cutting out the sausages. I now only eat non-processed food.

In May I was walking 6-7km each time, and getting faster. By June I was often doing 7-8km each time, and at the start of this month I joined a gym where I'm doing resistance training with a personal trainer. I'm still walking and now swimming too. My weight is now 112kg, I've got as much energy as I had 20 years ago, and more determination than ever. My goal is around 100kg though it'll probably take a few months to get there as I'm building muscle while losing fat.

So having tried several different things I've found that along with exercise intermittent fasting is by far the best way to get in shape, while keeping carb intake relatively low, and eating whole, fresh non-processed food.

I've lost 65kg now, or 10.2 stone, in just over six months, and people I don't even know are stopping to congratulate me, having seen me walking over the last five months.

I'll never be unfit again!

I hope this info is beneficial to some.

Absolutely brilliant. Well done Max.

Thanks for posting Max, that's a fantastic change you've made and I'm sure it will inspire others, as well as myself. When you get and stay overweight, it's really easy to give up the diet as futile or not even try, when I've dieted in the past I ended up yo-yo ing, after each diet soon enough I'd be even heavier.

I got through a big health scare a wee while back and then got complacent again and piled weight back on, I aim to get back to my March 2018 weight by the end of this month, I'm just over 1Kg away, would already have been there but I had a lapse, difference this time I guess is lockdown/shielding, can't go out for fast food/meals and more determination so I'm back on the 5-2 and daily treadmill session this week. Like you the target is breaking the 100Kg barrier and to move my BMI down a level.

I'm shielding but it's relaxing up here so we did try walking out and about but the place is mobbed so I'll be sticking to the treadmill for now, expect the novelty will wear off soon enough, problem living in a nice country spot.

ATB

Gus

advertisement

Back