advertisement

Storm Ciara

This was the scene at Marchbanks Towers a few moments ago. We have been touched by the messages of concern and support and we are determined to rebuild, beginning as soon as possible.

49510212751_612fbcf224_c.jpg

And someone here lost her business and home :- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-51433363

But as long as you're alright.

CHE

Anyone know why it's pronounced as it is on TV ('keera'), I've never come across that name before and wonder which nationality it hails from. Obviously not Italian with that pron.

Last edited:
Anyone know why it's pronounced as it is on TV ('seera'), I've never come across that name before and wonder which nationality it hails from. Obviously not Italian with that pron.
I assumed it was the female version of Ciaran, which would have meant a hard ‘c’. I think.

I guess that take off is less critical than landing, my daughter flew early today from Gatwick to Madiera without problems and my son is due to fly from Heathrow to South Africa in about thirty minutes, then I can uncross my fingers.

You were lucky, the planes are all being cancelled here.

Must have been a hairy ride. 90 minutes shaved off NY to London.

Mike Reed lives the wrong side of Norwich, Palm trees are gently swaying and the piles of leaves in the garden are staying put without problems.

Assume things are worse in the North, soft northerner's?

Keep safe where ever you are.

I drove from north Norwich to south. North was the worst rain I’ve seen here. Visibility pretty much zero and rivers were running down roads. When I got to the south it was a tad drizzly. Windy though.

Stephen

There is a full scale search underway for a missing surfer at Hastings. FFS, there were amber warnings in place for Hastings from yesterday ... what sort of imbecile goes surfing with these weather conditions forecast... now others are having to put themselves in danger because of this person's selfishness and stupidity!

Missing surfer found safe and well!

I guess that take off is less critical than landing, my daughter flew early today from Gatwick to Madiera without problems and my son is due to fly from Heathrow to South Africa in about thirty minutes, then I can uncross my fingers.

The storm is powerful but he ain’t going to get there that quickly!

Anyone see pictures of the 747 from Wuhan landing at Brize Norton. Looked a bit hairy for a big aircraft.

Isn't it known as Sixoaks now?

(edit) just checked Wiki. Maybe should have said Oneoak. 6 of the 7 blew down in the storm of 87, but they have now planted replacements.

First time I heard that was actually on that frightful night in 87. We were flying back from Faro into Gatwick and the captain cracked that one.
Arrived home, eventually, to find a very large Oak tree in our garden. It was next door when we left. Our Oaks were ok.

advertisement

Back