advertisement

Vast Brexit thread merge part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jolyon Maugham says the government’s remedy document that he disclosed shows the government is considering continuing prorogation until 14 October, even if it loses.

Wouldn't that be contempt?

Depends on the remedy that is ordered. The Goverment is just hoping they get a slapped wrist and told not to do it again

But unsurprising to be frank. It's the only thing politicians and especially Tory ones are good at, twisting the blame for their mistakes onto anyone other than themselves.

Yeah par for the course... was good to hear Danny Dyer calling him a twat and Vine asking him for a response to that though:D

did you see ID's other tweet: "Corbyn is offering a road to Remain. He's in this position because Remainers forced him into it. "
Of course I did. Some truth in that - though it's more a case of Labour responding to a fluid political landscape, while trying to maintain overall shape, in my view. But Dunt's main point, addressed to the ultra-Remain nutjobs, is to "take the win". He's right.

Oh to have a recently filled bed pan handy !
FqBpRnlh.jpg

Reading that Grauniad column, I notice the prosecution team seem to have a secret weapon...

3x0HVt.jpg

...two Lord Pannicks.
No one’s bing prosecuted (yet).

Will the DM front page tomorrow have pictures of the eleven Supreme Court judges with the headline “WE KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE”?

Last edited:
Apparently, in the case of food shortages or disruption (that the Government itself will cause) DEFRA say it is food producers that have to take the blame/solve the problems.

Unbelievable. The whole thing will be buck passing. Still, on a positive note, that is one of Johnson’s skills.

Stephen

Paul McCartney this afternoon on PM / Radio 4 at ~47:40:

What kind of put me off is that I was meeting a lot of older people, kinda pretty much my generaton.
"All right Paul, it's gonna be like it was in the old days. We're gonna go back"
And I was like 'yeah, not sure about that'
And that attitude was very prevalent, it's all gona be changed we're all gonna go back to how we were...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0008jf3

Cameron this morning on the Today / Radio 4

"and there were moments when I turned round,
when I was thinking how are we going to convince the people in Sunderland, or Liverpool, or Middlesbrough,
and the Labour leadership for instance simple wasn't there, it wasn't commited"

I hope the EU were quick replying to Barclays new theory that the backstop can be left until Dec 2020. Just tell him grand sure we can amend the new leaving date to March 2021. Such clever guys these ERG blokes. Why did they not volunteer for the negotiating during May's tenure? Such skilful and inventive negotiations where have they been hiding all their careers?

Yeah yeah Paul. It's not possible to go back to those days.

There's no George and John now!

I hope the EU were quick replying to Barclays new theory that the backstop can be left until Dec 2020. Just tell him grand sure we can amend the new leaving date to March 2021. Such clever guys these ERG blokes. Why did they not volunteer for the negotiating during May's tenure? Such skilful and inventive negotiations where have they been hiding all their careers?
The BBC did their usual of putting up pro- Brexit Tory Andrew Walker and a personality disorder with the title of DUP Westminster former chief of staff, Christopher Montgomery. Walker did the ‘ the public’s just wantin us to get this over the line’ while the DUP mouthpiece who’d previously dismissed ‘ N.Ireland voted by a majority to remain in the EU’ with a casual wave of the hand and ‘that’s the papists’. DUP no eye contact man confidently announced ‘the EU always make a deal at the eleventh hour and Arlene has not changed her no surrender position’. It was as if the BBC suggested these two spoke for Britain.
The impression that fat Johnson was simply threatening and brow beating Britain into agreeing a rebadged May deal crystallised even further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back