advertisement

Vast Brexit thread merge part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of interesting posts to catch up on.

Re-the SC, I believe there is a case and Bojo's arrogance in not even supplying a signed declaration is telling (presumably an email/voicemail or two exist that would put this explanation in doubt). But I think the SC will not go as far as they should. Probably stopping at a warning that such declarations must be made in future and adding a time limit for credibility or even discouraging it as a political tactic in some other way.

Regarding the Lib Dem position - does it really matter? Isn't it just aimed at maximising their influence over what really happens when they don't win a majority?

Re-Corbyn, does that really matter? I guess the real test of whether he takes his instructions from the Labour members and supporters or Len and Seamus will be answered at Conference.

Two can play that game...

EU gives Boris Johnson ultimatum: Show us Brexit plan in 12 days or 'it's over'

Lots of interesting posts to catch up on.

Re-the SC, I believe there is a case and Bojo's arrogance in not even supplying a signed declaration is telling (presumably an email/voicemail or two exist that would put this explanation in doubt). But I think the SC will not go as far as they should. Probably stopping at a warning that such declarations must be made in future and adding a time limit for credibility or even discouraging it as a political tactic in some other way.

Regarding the Lib Dem position - does it really matter? Isn't it just aimed at maximising their influence over what really happens when they don't win a majority?

Re-Corbyn, does that really matter? I guess the real test of whether he takes his instructions from the Labour members and supporters or Len and Seamus will be answered at Conference.
Johnson was exposed in front of TV cameras by the father of a child patient during his hospital vanity visit today. The man rightly pointed out that the Tories have wrecked the NHS and Johnson was only there to use it as a backdrop to his election campaign.

The clock just moved significantly.
As per Tuga above - 12 days for BJ to present a coherent plan and stop pretending to 'negotiate'
We all have better chances of winning the Euro Lottery than that ever happening.
No Deal is now looking highly likely IMO.
Now watch the £Sterling.

Johnson was exposed in front of TV cameras by the father of a child patient during his hospital vanity visit today. The man rightly pointed out that the Tories have wrecked the NHS and Johnson was only there to use it as a backdrop to his election campaign.

It seems that Laura 'not in any way a Tory' Kuenssberg kindly 'outed' said father as a Labour activist on her Twitter account (with, I'm sure, no ulterior motive). :eek:

It's exactly the way that the govt have been framing the negotiations, and in recent times, at the very least until Rudd's departure, by all accounts were conducting them.

There's plenty of room for motivation to negotiate strenuously and in good faith in the stated position. The deal has to be one that both parties agree won't just land them back in the same position again a couple of years down the line. And if the resultant deal isn't credible, either side can motivate the other amply by just saying 'You know what happens if we can't do better than this? Think of the last 3 years. That. Again.'

The mistake is to assume a desire to just get the negotiation out of the way rather than get it done properly in a way that can satisfy sufficient numbers of people and form the basis for rebuilding bridges as time goes on.
I think there has been big talk on both sides

With over 500,000 members the chance of coming across a Labour activist isn't slim.

Party activists calling out leaders of other parties shock. Lacks impact. Life long Tory or non political civilian confronts Johnson, then you have a story.

I saw him identified as an activist on twitter, I don't think it was a BBC source? I couldn't give a crap anyway, politicians have visited hospitals for quite a while.

What struck me was Boris saying, “there are no press here” while on, er, camera. The man is clearly a compulsive liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back