advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the feeling, but I use Ikea frames at £7.29 including mount, and have a collection of about 15 of them, which is about right for the size of exhibitions I do.

It's a problem when you're printing square photos in photographic paper sizes to find an off the shelf mount and frame that will fit them properly. I have a set of 16x20 frames and mounts from a previous exhibition but having moved house and country three times in the last year all I know is that they're in a loft somewhere. I'm not even sure which loft...

Nice picture, Paul.

Excellent stuff Paul - I've thought about trying to sell a few (teenage kids cost a bloody fortune) but it just makes no sense financially when I looked into it. After spending a fortune to print and frame I'd then have to be lucky enough to sell one just so I could pay the gallery their commission.

Mark, have you done a book? If not, have a go putting together a Blurb book. A good way of editing stuff down into a narrative, and doesn't cost you anything to do, apart from having to buy one copy. And I bet you'd sell some.

I've actually thought of doing a Blurb book on Ullswater and giving it out as presents to folk. I wanted to get a couple more images from different viewpoints - I also wanted a couple of snowy ones but we've only had one lot of snow and I was in Edinburgh.

If you do it, post about it here and on your flickr stream I'd be amazed if you didn't sell more than you might think.

Thank's for the compliments guy's :)

I've been very fortunate with some of my stuff locally, and my sales seem to be seasonal and quite popular with x-pats. Selling a photo doesn't half give you a warm glow inside.

The gallery which sells my images also mounts and frames them. But I sometimes sell, on the rare occasion, from the house, too. So to make them look a bit more business like, I bought some pre-cut mounts in various sizes, along with seal-able display bags from Cotswold Mounts. And when they're done they look great. They make great gifts!

I've been asked locally about a small exhibition - which is really all down to word of mouth locally. The thing is, I don't feel as though my stuff is good enough. My camera gear is capable, but the guy behind isn't, not yet anyway.

The picture of the rock is at least a million times better than some of the 'art' I've seen in local exhibitions in the past...

IMG_0676copy_zpsb2b909f2.jpg

8432313044_4b40282326_b.jpg

2013's Xmas decorations? Daikanyama with OM-D and 75mm Zuiko.
I think I'm turning into Cliff, I really think so....

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back