advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC_4117.NEF.jpg

Just turned 22

Excellent. I bet it was cold! Looks a little like the Southern coast. Where were these taken?

Thanks, Joel. Taken near the National Park - Thingvellir - which is in the South West. We stopped at a few places to try and see them so I'm not too sure of the exact location. About an hours drive from Reykjavik.

Quite envious of that view Tiger - lovely. Nearest I've got was out while camping wild halfway up a ridge somewhere in N Scotland - and apart from dim smudge flickering very low on the northern horizon what I remember most clearly was the temp dipping below -8 inside the tent (battery then failed in little tell-tale..)

And a lovely pair of portraits - both striking and bonny by turns, and a very nice contrast between the two images.

I've wanted to see them for as long as I can remember. I feel privileged to have done so, especially as after 2014 they won't be visible for 11 years, apparently. I only wish I'd been better prepared and could have felt my fingers.

I like the shot from near Sedbergh, it draws the viewer in nicely, but can't picture where Brown Hills might be?

Sitting above Ullswater Cliff - bit of a trek in bad conditions to get there before dawn. I left the Landcruiser with the missus and I had to drive up the hill from Aira Force with one wheel in the verge the snow was that bad. Flash Earth link to the location here

I think there is a good shot here some time but the conditions were bad at dawn and I got a wee clearing in the cloud just too late for any colour.

Cheers - just after dawn from the Academia Bridge. Sun had just cleared enough to hit the buildings on the left. A relatively short 133 second exposure.......

I need the bulb setting - been hooked on 10 stoppers since my first go with one about 18 months ago. Even the wee Pentax K-X was superb on long exposures (apart from the dark noise subtraction).

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back