advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tacked the 2013 PAW thread to the top of the page.

Joe

Nice result from the Baldalux. I must stick another role through my similarly aged 6*9 folder, but first I must plug a couple of light leaks.

Did you self develop? XTOL?

C.

Hello Cliff, I only paid £30 for it - it's a bit of a palaver with the focusing, but thankfully, no light leaks. The Developing was by peak imaging who use Xtol.
eru6epar.jpg

This is the camera

Paulicus, the range finder and the general look of thinks take me back to my venerable Kodak Retina IIC (I think) 50mm f3.5 with a Compur-Rapid shutter that helped me gain GCE O level photography many moons ago.

Hello Mr P, that post box has been at that angle for as long as I can remember.

Hello Auric, yeah this camera is proving to be a bit of a talking point when I'm out and about with it, must be nostalgic for some folk, me included :)

The lens on this one is a Schneider - Kreuznach, Radioner F4.5 105mm - That range finder on the top is also an extinction meter and as for the viewfinder, well, it's like looking through the barrel of an Argos biro!

Folding Cameras

Hey up, Mark - visiting my neck of the woods down at Rampside, with Piel Island in the background and the South end of Walney on the horizon.

I was out with my camera this morning as well, down the local docks.

One on the way home tonight. The lights looked nice, and the river was at high tide, and the camera was set on monochrome and auto ISO, so all I had to do was dial in 1 stop of negative comp and pick an F stop* and lean on the bridge wall.

photo.JPG by cliffpatte, on Flickr

* F4 so soft at either end

I see now, Foulney island - I was kind of correct first time, but I'd got it into my head it was shot from the Snab Point area, which has a similar gully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back