advertisement

What are you listening to right now # 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes... its the 5 cd box set...
seen Jordi Saval in Aldegurg... a week after the Madrid bombing... he changed his progr for Sephardic music from 15c Spain... when Jews, Muslims, and Christians cohabited and prospered harmoniously... until 1492...a memorable moving evening it was... back on my bike to London the next day, my helmet full of humanist optimism, fuel by the music I heard the previous evening....

I heard something along those lines when he brought his Jerusalem show here recently (Christian, Jewish and Muslim music all mixed up). His wife unfortunately couldn't sing that evening; was too ill already I suppose.
I have seen Savall several times but never in a pure W. European baroque program of the Marais sort. It's a bit frustrating.

CD playing: Bill Evans (You Must Believe in Spring, seems appropriate right now with -19C outside)

Just plugged the M Audio sound card into the Denon M3 and listening to the PFM Spotify playlist. Surprisingly, it doesn't sound too bad, and I'm wondering why it took me 3 years to get an interconnect and plug the sound card into something.

Sheer laziness I guess.

There is some great music on this list. Dzyan - Naga Raga is on right now. Excellent. :)

Beck, Odelay. Devils haircut currently! Playing via my Sonos I bought on here from stormylondonuk this week, love it! Doesn't beat my vinyl by any means but it's pretty cool and making me condsider a higher end streaming solution..........

Sparklehorse - Good Morning Spider

Taken me back to 1999 when I was living in Seoul and sharing a flat with a Canadian guy.

Mark Van Hoen / The Revenant Diary. The guy in Catapult Records guaranteed I'd like this and it looks like he was right on the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back