advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

I think this is mostly down to me, as I have Romero in my fantasy team. This is by far my worst start to the season ever. I've had enough sendings off, own goals and injuries already to last an entire season, plus players I've transferred out suddenly improving and vice versa.

Spurs, not for the first time against Chelsea completely lost their discipline - fortunate to only have 2 sent off imo.
As a football match bordering on unwatchable.

It was a funny auld game. Went from Son nearly gets an equaliser one minute to a 4-1 defeat the next. Game ruined by Romero who is a liability but Ndoggie is a good young player who will learn.

Great crazy game last night.
You say that and to an extent I understand why but if this is the level of involvement we can look forward to with VAR then I think we're slowly but surely killing the game - certainly as a live spectator sport anyway.
I suspect without VAR that game would've ended something like 4-4 and probably only Udogie would have got his marching orders.
I mean do we really want to see 12 added minutes before half time which was due mostly to VAR interventions?
I think in total there were 20 added minutes in that game - absolutely crackers.

So, Anthony Taylor returns after a ban to referee a big game like Chelsea Vs Manchester City...joy!

You say that and to an extent I understand why but if this is the level of involvement we can look forward to with VAR then I think we're slowly but surely killing the game - certainly as a live spectator sport anyway.
I suspect without VAR that game would've ended something like 4-4 and probably only Udogie would have got his marching orders.
I mean do we really want to see 12 added minutes before half time which was due mostly to VAR interventions?
I think in total there were 20 added minutes in that game - absolutely crackers.
I think some of the events / incidents within the game happened in such quick succession they needed VAR to pick them apart.4-1 was the right result imo.

He is known as Alty boy by the City fans - we mock his insistence that he is an Altrincham FC fan despite his suspected support and favour of MUFC.
I think many of the Robins fans probably have dual allegiance to City rather than Utd, at least that was my impression 30 odd years ago. There wasn't much of a Utd presence in South Manchester/Wythenshaw etc. You had to go further to hit the posh bits.

advertisement

Back