advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: V Gone-ish!

Not sure I understand.

Are you saying that Boris is correct in saying that he has indeed been stitched up by everybody as he alleges?
I haven’t been following but I doubt what he’s alleging is that colleagues and the press ignored all his crooked shit for years, supported his leadership campaign and then his GE campaign knowing exactly what he was like, and then when it was convenient splashed it all over the front pages until everyone hated him, but that’s what I’m saying happened. I mean he’s guilty as charged but it was still a stitch up.

I haven’t been following but I doubt what he’s alleging is that colleagues and the press ignored all his crooked shit for years, supported his leadership campaign and then his GE campaign knowing exactly what he was like, and then when it was convenient splashed it all over the front pages until everyone hated him, but that’s what I’m saying happened. I mean he’s guilty as charged but it was still a stitch up.
I thank you for whatever that was.

I had an interesting conversation with a clinical psychologist a few years ago when he was president and although she could highlight several personality issues he had she warned against thinking he was a fool, that he was very calculated and was far from an eejit.

.sjb
A number of prominent psychologists in the USA identified him as probably psychopath apparently.

After the report’s made public, attention will inevitably shift to the Johnson honours list which includes a number of co-offenders. Those 120 police fines landed with individuals paid at the public purse, who were responsible for government poilicy. They shouldn’t be able to hide from public scrutiny, nor should they be rewarded for breaking the law.

Strong reservations about Tim Shipman as a source but this seems like a good summary of Johnson/Sunak and the whole honours thing.

Johnson not understanding how the House of Lords Appointments Commission works and just expecting to be able to bluster his way through rings true.

Also... When an MP recently put to him that the privileges committee had been created with his approval, Johnson claimed he was in India at the time and distracted...

Due process? The law? Pah!

https://archive.is/717kH

Strong reservations about Tim Shipman as a source but this seems like a good summary of Johnson/Sunak and the whole honours thing.

Johnson not understanding how the House of Lords Appointments Commission works and just expecting to be able to bluster his way through rings true.

Also... When an MP recently put to him that the privileges committee had been created with his approval, Johnson claimed he was in India at the time and distracted...

Due process? The law? Pah!

https://archive.is/717kH
That piece is just delicious. Johnson found to have lied to Parliament, compounded it by then lying to the committee, his Prime Ministerial diary handed to the police and his honours list hacked back. Now it’s war with the current PM.

His old school report described it even then:
"I think he honestly believes that it is churlish of us not to regard him as an exception, one who should be free of the network of obligation that binds everyone else."

At times like these, I think of our American friends who are still struggling to get rid of their Liar-in-Chief.

Johnson leaves a trail of shit for others to clear up wherever he goes, professionally and personally, but the key difference to Trump is that so far there appear to be fewer dupes to follow him in the UK than there are to follow Trump in the US.

advertisement

Back