advertisement

These look spot-on for my ProAcs. Are you using the 24" or the 28"?

Nice system btw.

A few years back I had some proacs which is when my hunt and obsession with target stands came from. I’m pretty sure these would be ideal for proac!

I needed the 24s so had to import them from the US. They are very heavy !

I'm trying something smaller than my Sansui AU-717 for a while. So far so good.

IMG-5402.jpg

The RPi with DAC hat is running off a battery pack at the moment because I ran out of outlets!

Got this Metrum Baby Ambre network bridge yesterday. It’s connected to the router via Ethernet cable. It’s also Roon Ready (or Volumio) and outputs via coaxial or optical into the Arcam DAC. I’m not too bothered about fancy digital sources so this should do fine for occasional use like trying out new albums before vinyl purchase etc.

hqTwJGw.jpg

Spring covers gone walkies, or is that a 'tweak'?
Spring covers off as I was trying to get the bounce right and failed! Since that pic was taken a couple of weeks ago, I've replaced the suspension with Pete's Pylons which has tightened up the bass amongst other things, and no bounce to have to tune. Next upgrade is an Audiomods Series 6 on the way to replace the Tecnoarm

Been redoing this room at home and just reached a milestone of having the parquet restored and finished - speakers back in today :)

Will put rugs down and bring the sofas back in here on Saturday. Took the opportunity to hide all cables in the walls, so only speaker cables visible now, it’s a 5.1 system too so all nicely hidden away.

Skirting boards prep and fitting tomorrow - same wood and finish as the floor.

ehhfXOP.jpg

6SOOiYQ.jpg

BPuSrXt.jpg

Been redoing this room at home and just reached a milestone of having the parquet restored and finished - speakers back in today :)

Will put rugs down and bring the sofas back in here on Saturday. Took the opportunity to hide all cables in the walls, so only speaker cables visible now, it’s a 5.1 system too so all nicely hidden away.

ehhfXOP.jpg

6SOOiYQ.jpg

BPuSrXt.jpg
I don't swear often on here but that floor is f*cking stunning! :)

ehhfXOP.jpg

6SOOiYQ.jpg

BPuSrXt.jpg

That floor is truly majestic.

An awful lot of work has gone into that floor. Lots of block replacement and relaying.. The fireplace is new, so the floor was relaid around it, went through the thresholds properly with matching blocks, and went into the reveals where windows were taken out and French doors put in the dining room/kitchen. A lot of time spent cleaning bitumen off blocks with parrafin too - I have no intention of doing it again!

Shame as I’m going to cover 70% of it in rugs and a 6.5m sofa. It’s sooo echoey in there it’s crazy!

An awful lot of work has gone into that floor. Lots of block replacement and relaying.. The fireplace is new, so the floor was relaid around it, went through the thresholds properly with matching blocks, and went into the reveals where windows were taken out and French doors put in the dining room/kitchen. A lot of time spent cleaning bitumen off blocks with parrafin too - I have no intention of doing it again!

Shame as I’m going to cover 70% of it in rugs and a 6.5m sofa. It’s sooo echoey in there it’s crazy!
Bitumen laid blocks are a b****r to clean! You’ve done a tremendous job. I’m looking forward to seeing the rugs down, if your ID name is anything to go by.
(And the taster of the wall hung bag face in one the pics).
A 6.5m sofa? That’s 3 sofas!

ehhfXOP.jpg

6SOOiYQ.jpg

BPuSrXt.jpg

You win. That room looks incredible, the floor especially.

ehhfXOP.jpg

6SOOiYQ.jpg

BPuSrXt.jpg
Looking lovely.

advertisement

Back