advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

Does DeDantis play well outside of deeply red states?

Here's recent 'approval poll' ratings from 'key states,' which I guess means contested blue/red states. DeSantis has much lower unfavorable ratings, but big "don't know" percentages.
Trump-Desantis-favs-states-230210.png

https://morningconsult.com/2023/02/13/desantis-looks-more-electable-than-trump-against-biden/

Does DeDantis play well outside of deeply red states?

He's mostly a Florida thing. The red states hate him because he's not Trump and everyone else because he catastrophically awful. The good thing about him is he is an even worse candidate than Joe Biden and unless the Dems lose their minds and reconstitute a Clinton it's hard to see him winning in 2024.

I agree but struggle with it because it's possibly racist.

Ooops! I honestly didn’t know DeSantis had Italian ancestry, and had completely forgotten that “meatball” was used historically to denigrate Italians.

My interpretation was much simpler. I think of DeSantis as stupid and ugly, and as a vegetarian, I think of meatballs in the same way!

Out of respect for those with Italian ancestry, I will stop using the word.

Aaron Rupar and davidrlurie writing on Public Notice, regarding RW media (focus on Tucker Carlson):

"The right-wing viewership of Fox is willing to believe even the most obvious and absurd lies — as long as those falsehoods support their belief that they are on the side of righteousness and their adversaries on the left are evil....Now that Carlson recognizes there is, quite literally, no limit to the mendacity his audience will accept in service of their ideological predilections, the danger Tucker and his colleagues pose is almost certain to increase exponentially."

Cohen is amusing, he couldn’t possibly be more stereotypically ‘mob boss lawyer’. He’s straight out of a movie! No love between him and Trump these days so I’d expect his evidence to be pretty damning. He is regularly interviewed on MSNBC so certainly no longer involved with the Republican far-right (if he ever was).

Michael Cohen is "a great American"? Maybe Meiselas overstates the case a bit...

He is now an amusing media personality who appears to be trying to do the right thing. Regardless, he will never fully erase his horrible past as T***p’s hired thug.

He is now an amusing media personality who appears to be trying to do the right thing.

And to be fair he has paid his price to society with a prison term and a criminal record. And his podcast which drives his public profile and commentary is called Mea Culpa.

He is now an amusing media personality who appears to be trying to do the right thing. Regardless, he will never fully erase his horrible past as T***p’s hired thug.
Well that might be true but I appreciate him making the effort. I can’t think of any other Trump cronies doing the same.

advertisement

Back