advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

I was glad to see City progress against a dangerous opponent. Ake was probably the MOM, and managed to nullify the threat of Saka, as well as scoring a sumptuous goal, following great work by Grealish. As for VAR, one look at the Holding challenge on Haaland, early in the game, would have reversed the strange decision that was made, and could have led to Arsenal being down to ten, after only a few minutes. If City don't win the league, I would like it to be Arsenal, for Arteta, Zinchenko and Jesus, and for their style of play.

I was glad to see City progress against a dangerous opponent. Ake was probably the MOM, and managed to nullify the threat of Saka, as well as scoring a sumptuous goal, following great work by Grealish. As for VAR, one look at the Holding challenge on Haaland, early in the game, would have reversed the strange decision that was made, and could have led to Arsenal being down to ten, after only a few minutes. If City don't win the league, I would like it to be Arsenal, for Arteta, Zinchenko and Jesus, and for their style of play.
Artita is a good reason not to want arses to win the league.

I have just seen video footage of the Fabinho challenge and it is absolutely shocking. The decision is incompetent, or corrupt.

Farbinhio is not usually a dirty player. He had just come on, seems to be struggling with injury/form recently so his timing is off and from his reaction he clearly didn’t mean it …..but it was a shocking challenge, reminiscent of Dennis Wise at his worst, which even if the ref missed then VAR should have sorted with a straight red.

"After 6 years, 251 consecutive games, Inaki Williams will now miss one La Liga game with Athletic Club as he won’t be involved against Celta Vigo due to muscle injury."
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1619737563094474752?t=bml4owzrvqyEeWzFs-rZ4A&s=19

On 1 October 2022 he had set a new La Liga record outright with his 203rd consecutive appearance in the home match with Alavés, breaking the mark set by Juan Antonio Larrañaga of Real Sociedad between 1986 and 1992.

Farbinhio is not usually a dirty player. He had just come on, seems to be struggling with injury/form recently so his timing is off and from his reaction he clearly didn’t mean it …..but it was a shocking challenge, reminiscent of Dennis Wise at his worst, which even if the ref missed then VAR should have sorted with a straight red.
:D:D:D - You obviously don't watch Liverpool matches very often.

Brighton have done very well and it is galling to see players you have scouted and coached to be picked off by the so called big clubs, if the dodgy tackles in that game had been the other way around we would be hearing about it till next Christmas.

To be fair both Fabihino (sp). could have been changed to a red card???? and Robertson knew what they had done.

advertisement

Back