advertisement

Ukraine V

Good Afternoon All,

As I said earlier I'm not a pipeline person but I would have thought a conventional pig would be less easy to control.

Regards

Richard

Ye
Russia announced that Vladimir Putin will sign a decree incorporating occupied Donetsk, Luhansk, Zaporizhzhia and Kherson into the Russian Federation later today. It has complete control of only two of them: L and K but will treat military action against all of them as an attack on Russia, even those areas presently controlled by Ukrainian forces.

This is clearly going to escalate. Personally I can’t see how it will not become a NATO- Russian conflict.

Yep we are about to enter uncharted and very dangerous waters. It is difficult to see how the situation can be diffused without one or both sides losing face.

Ye
Yep we are about to enter uncharted and very dangerous waters. It is difficult to see how the situation can be diffused without one or both sides losing face.
Agreed - but it is galling that Putin, the aggressor in my view, has to not lose face.
The best outcome must be for Russia to come to it’s senses and rid itself of Putin and his inner circle then at least the nation saves some face.
As there’s little or no chance of that we’re in for a rough and probably disastrous ride all round.

Wow, Putin's speech is completely unhinged. He's gone completely mad. Now I feel genuinely scared, for the first time in a few months. He really believes this stuff. And there's still no sign of anyone around him being capable of stopping him and his fascist coterie.

Wow, Putin's speech is completely unhinged. He's gone completely mad. Now I feel genuinely scared, for the first time in a few months. He really believes this stuff. And there's still no sign of anyone around him being capable of stopping him and his fascist coterie.

All the West's fault + Russian exceptionalism + ethnonationalism +++. Hopefully Lyman will fall soon.

Ukraine will lose many supporters if they do that. So far many see them civilized as opposed to Russia.
A dirty bomb weapon is useful only as a deterrent, to hopefully keep from being nuked. Poisoning some number of Russians, mainly civilians, is hardly going to be a decisive blow in the war. And Putin would not be deterred, he doesn't care about his populace, he'd just be glad if the Ukranians did it, for the reasons you give. So the Ukranians, being mostly sane, will never do it.

Agreed - but it is galling that Putin, the aggressor in my view, has to not lose face.
The best outcome must be for Russia to come to it’s senses and rid itself of Putin and his inner circle then at least the nation saves some face.
As there’s little or no chance of that we’re in for a rough and probably disastrous ride all round.

A complete political reset is the only way it will ever be possible to regain a degree of trust; without that Russia is in danger of condemning itself to a long dark age.

Maybe the Russian people will be able to achieve that, they don't appear very gung ho at the moment unsurprisingly.

From that Soloyov Twitter thread.
Fd5xbhxXoAAO94f

"Sorry, can't talk now, I'm at the illegal annexation."

As well as announcing his irreversible illegal annexation of part of Ukraine, the former middle ranking KGB goon in occupied East Germany, delivered a history thesis:

“It is worth reminding the West that it began its colonial policy back in the Middle Ages, and then followed the global slave trade, the genocide of Indian tribes in America, the plunder of India, Africa, the wars of England and France against China, as a result of which it was forced to open its ports for trade of opium,” Putin said.
“I emphasize that one of the reasons for the centuries-old Russophobia, the undisguised malice of these Western elites toward Russia is precisely that we did not allow ourselves to be robbed during the period of colonial conquests. We forced the Europeans to trade for mutual benefit,” he said.

He needs to make up his mind about who he’s at war with.

He needs to make up his mind about who he’s at war with.
Obviously it was all the fault of the USA even back in the Middle Ages. And Russia never colonized Siberia or Alaska, they ... umm ... well there is surely another word for it, but the important bit is that it was never colonization, only the West does that!

advertisement

Back