advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

Perhaps a bit lucky against the Baggies yesterday as they had a very strong shut for a penalty but about time we had something back in this regard. Bruce saying it was the worst decision he’d every seen means he must be blind, Grant put his leg behind in an unnatural position to draw the contact also.

I would certainly take mid table this year, we do have some good players but not sure Schofield has their respect. A couple of decent signings are in the offing so fingers crossed.

Can anyone explain to me why the third goal for Palace was disallowed ? Having seen it a few times the ball has left Edisons hands before it hits the Palace players foot so not kicked out of his hands . Puzzled from Merseyside .

Bencat,

Was also at the game. Bournemouth were clueless from start to finish and were lucky to get zero. I could have played instead of Allison. Looking at the bench really brought home to me how much we are missing with the injured players.

Not evident in this game :D but Liverpools problems always stem from midfield. The less “sophisticated” thinkers say “we concede and the defence is crap” or “we dont score the offence is crap”. The Klopp system places so much pressure on the midfield to press when defending and to cover the spaces when the fullbacks go forward. When we are threadbare in midfield the system falls over.

Elliott in particular was absolutely splendid. What a performance from a 19 yo and quite a future he has.

52321834518_36b3e376fe_z.jpg

Seven years to the day since CIty signed one of the best players in our history. Anyone doubting the bias of the British media needs only to look at these headlines or listen to the inane and uniformed utterances of imbecilic punters predicting his failure. Regardless, what a player.

There is a pattern for managers to get a good thumping by Liverpool and then get sacked it is surprising how many times it happens . Have to admit to not liking Scott Parker but the club have not really supported him in the PL and unless things change which is doubtful then they are going to most likely drop straight back in to the EFL . They won their first game then lost against Arsenal , City and Liverpool okay the last one was a bit of a stinging but three games they would not have been expected to win . Not sure what direction they are going to move in now as whoever they get in the Transfer Window will be closed and they will have to accept a lack of ambition from the Owners / Board . Sean Dyche anyone ?

There is a pattern for managers to get a good thumping by Liverpool and then get sacked it is surprising how many times it happens.
Agree...harsh on Parker...Klopp mentioned there was going to be a reaction to the defeat at Man Utd and even without that it could happen to lots of teams at Anfield...speaking of which:
See you on Weds...I'll take a draw. ;)
Lots of injuries (and a suspension and a delayed registration!)) for both teams, but Bruno and Wilson are massive misses for us...ASM may be hamstrung as well...excuses are in!

@Weekender yep will be there tomorrow usual pint on County Road before the game but not after it as driving my sister to the airport for her return to the US . Have to be in Manchester for 04.30 so even if we win no chance to celebrate . Will be a very different game compared to Saturday as at least there will be two teams trying . Agree you have suffered quite a bit even this early with key players injured and as yet your squad is just not quite deep enough (this will come with time) . Will be a real shame if ASM does not play as I was looking forward to see how he plays live and what he can do against TAA given that he is supposed to not be able to defend against anyone .

advertisement

Back