advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

Some others, Makalele is probably the best disruptive midfielder we’ve seen, but Fernandinho at City had most of that but also could pass the ball forwards!
Difference was that Maka, more often than not, used to 'disrupt' legally as opposed to Fernandinho's style of stopping counter attacks at all costs.

Hold on a minute I am a Liverpool fan and Gerrard does not even get a mention in my list so that statement is as normal just sweeping with little or no truth . KDB is a good player and City have been very lucky to have him for such an extended period . Some City fans believe and will continue to believe he is the best Midfielder ever and they have a good shout but there are others and in my view at least one who was a better player Zidane not a Liverpool player but I wish he was . I saw him play a few times live and loved every minute even though in most cases it ended up with Liverpool getting beaten . I apologise but I should have included Alan Ball in my list as well as he was in truth a wonderful player with a very good skill set that would have lit up the current game . Again though in my view not as good as Zidane .

The only thing I'd pull you up on @bencat is the inference from the initial couple of posts on KDB references best Premier League player and unfortunately Zizou does not meet that criteria. Otherwise...

Hold on a minute I am a Liverpool fan and Gerrard does not even get a mention in my list so that statement is as normal just sweeping with little or no truth . KDB is a good player and City have been very lucky to have him for such an extended period . Some City fans believe and will continue to believe he is the best Midfielder ever and they have a good shout but there are others and in my view at least one who was a better player Zidane not a Liverpool player but I wish he was . I saw him play a few times live and loved every minute even though in most cases it ended up with Liverpool getting beaten . I apologise but I should have included Alan Ball in my list as well as he was in truth a wonderful player with a very good skill set that would have lit up the current game . Again though in my view not as good as Zidane .

Now, if we are including non-PL players then Zidane is right up there as being the best.
50 Greatest Midfielders in the History of World Football | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

As a Boro fan I don't have a dog in the fight. Gerrard gets my vote over Fatty as the best all-round midfielder in the PL era. Prior to that, it's even more difficult to judge but I would go with Sir Bobby Charlton.

Souness not worth a mention ? Yes I know his violent streak takes a bit of getting over but he did have wonderful skill and a thumping shot.
As a Boro fan I don't have a dog in the fight. Gerrard gets my vote over Fatty as the best all-round midfielder in the PL era. Prior to that, it's even more difficult to judge but I would go with Sir Bobby Charlton.

Went to watch my second favourite team thrash some useless team from That London last night.
I didn't get to watch the whole match as Canal+ Sport were having one of their irritating Multiplex evenings - maybe I should be thankful for small mercies though.:)
It looked to me like certain players were not giving their all which is normally a sign of the beginning of the end for the manager.
West Ham will be a tough one at the weekend - they love turning us over!

I think after Villa's next 2 matches (Arsenal and City) SG will be relieved of his managerial duties.

advertisement

Back