advertisement

Glastonbury 22

Well that's the great thing about the music forum - always learning!

Flipped back to BE briefly. Very obviously dubbed. I wonder if the crowd hear the 'real' thing or not?

Four Tet, whilst more palatable than Billie Eilish, is still as dull as dishwater. Why he has 4 CDJ’s is anyones guess. For long established, technical DJ’s with great musical taste (such as myself) it’s always frustrating to see / hear performances like this. Too safe, no risk taking; generic dance music that doesn’t represent what’s actually out there.

So far I’ve watched bonobo who were brilliant as expected and now four tet who is one of my favs, shame the chem bros won’t be making an appearance.

I went back to Eilish! I really hope the BBC can be arsed chunking the huge streams into band sets as they have in previous years as for some reason trying to fast-wind on my TV is just crap. I’d like to find Bonobo, catch what I missed of St Vincent etc. This is normally what I’d be doing rather than watching headliners, but it just doesn’t seem available yet.

Yes, Four Tet appears to be a pre recorded set and the 'live' bit means twiddling a few knobs that probably don't do very much at all in reality...
However, I like the music a lot.
Same could probably be said for all the Chem's sets....but their visuals are truly superb and make up for it.
Saw them in the dancetent in 1995(?) - excellent.

Been a fan of Kieran since Rounds as well. My former boss somehow knew him through knowing Derrick May and being part of the Detroit thing. This was the only cool thing about him.

I went back to Eilish! I really hope the BBC can be arsed chunking the huge streams into band sets as they have in previous years as for some reason trying to fast-wind on my TV is just crap. I’d like to find Bonobo, catch what I missed of St Vincent etc. This is normally what I’d be doing rather than watching headliners, but it just doesn’t seem available yet.
They’ve been saying on Radio 6 there’ll be 90 odd sets on Monday available for 30 days

Just watching the highlights. Aside from the lovely Jo Whiley, it’s interesting to see the actual bands behind the headline singers. Take TLC for example. Getting on, but their band, F me, doesn’t get a lot better. Proper pro session musicians. Contrast that to the younger bands who are absolutely woeful by comparison!

Not particularly cool to be associated with Derrick May these days.
No, very much the opposite. Not only are a number of the key movers of that scene now aggressive enablers, the entire constructed myth of Detroit Techno has been exposed for the complete bullshit it really is.

advertisement

Back