advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

In a previous job we worked a lot for TFL. One of my staff rang and said he couldn’t clean a toilet anymore, it was blocked and people were still using it. When I went to see it the bowl was full of sh*t and it was coming over the top and on to the floor. The toilet in question wasn’t open to the public, it was for TFL staff only!! It was the worst one I’ve ever seen.

Cheers BB

I’m working nights this week which gives me the opportunity to listen to some music whilst my other half is at work. Enjoying some London Grammar as I type :)

Spinning some Agnes Obel :) Not had much chance to play recently what with work and such so it’s been great to spend some time with the main system. I’ve tweaked the cartridge loading and added a touch more downforce and I’m really enjoying the results :cool:

It's Food Festival down here in deepest Dorset.

The local brewery (Palmers) is doing free brewery tours. We went today. An interesting talk from the guide and as much free beer as I could manage. Mrs seagull came too to drive home and let me have her beer. I even tried a small sample of their keg beer flavoured with Citra hops, it was as horrible as it sounded. Some Tally Ho! soon got rid of the taste

Beer festival to look forward to at the weekend!

The local brewery (Palmers) is doing free brewery tours. We went today. An interesting talk from the guide and as much free beer as I could manage. Mrs seagull came too to drive home and let me have her beer. I even tried a small sample of their keg beer flavoured with Citra hops, it was as horrible as it sounded. Some Tally Ho! soon got rid of the taste

I quite like Citra hopped beers, Oakham Citra used to be a favourite brew. It's not like they lobbed lemons into the mash, it's more that this hop has more citrus notes than many, and it's a defining characteristic. It tends to produce fresh, bright-tasting beers that go down well on a hot day, IME.

I quite like Citra hopped beers, Oakham Citra used to be a favourite brew. It's not like they lobbed lemons into the mash, it's more that this hop has more citrus notes than many, and it's a defining characteristic. It tends to produce fresh, bright-tasting beers that go down well on a hot day, IME.

Each to their own. I have tried different beers with the hop from good brewers (including Oakham) but don't like it at all. It reminds me of the 80s fad for alcopops.

I know some hops can polarise views, Sorachi Ace is another, and Nelson Sauvin can be, too. So if you have a sensitivity for a certain flavour compound, perhaps it'll not work for you. It's like people who don't like the taste of coriander, saying it is 'soapy'. I get what they mean, but I like it. As you say, each to their own. :)

Very fond of a nice barrel-aged sour too. Got a few from Cloudwater, Trillium and Burning Sky in the fridge right now. Not such a fan of 'kettle' sours, which lack depth and are a bit too upfront with the sour for my taste, though.

Whoever created Citra hops should be put against a wall and shot. That person is responsible for a raft of, usually American, citrus hops that are the basis of all the crap "craft beer". If I want lemon flavour in beer I will have a shandy.

Today, I donated some of my favourite ‘dressing up’ clothes to the local hospice charity. With a bad heart, I can’t see me needing a semi dry wetsuit again and the one piece motorcycle leathers and waterproof over suit went as well, as there is no way I am going am spending long hours on the motorway ever again. Oh, the joys of early retirement.

Whoever created Citra hops should be put against a wall and shot. That person is responsible for a raft of, usually American, citrus hops that are the basis of all the crap "craft beer". If I want lemon flavour in beer I will have a shandy.
And if you want a shandy, who am I to stop you? I like the traditional 'real ales', but I'm also very, very partial to a lot of the new craft beer that you disparage with such casual disdain. As somebody said upthread, each to his own. No need to have anybody shot, there's enough of that already.

fixing various fences for neighbours and own . one neighbour is now too ill to do anything like this so its great to be able to help

also fixed loads of plastic spikes to the top to deter potential intruders [ with warning notices of course !!]

And if you want a shandy, who am I to stop you? I like the traditional 'real ales', but I'm also very, very partial to a lot of the new craft beer that you disparage with such casual disdain. As somebody said upthread, each to his own. No need to have anybody shot, there's enough of that already.
I might post in the £8 pint thread where all this really belongs. My disdain is far from casual. It is a shame that a well-known figure of speech is seized upon to try prove - what?

Had to drive to the Breton coast to escape the heat inland. Spent the day at St Guirec and it's beach. Interesting granite rock formations.

I might post in the £8 pint thread where all this really belongs. My disdain is far from casual. It is a shame that a well-known figure of speech is seized upon to try prove - what?
I'm sorry, I don't understand your point. I'm not trying to 'prove' anything. Assuming the well-known figure of speech is 'each to his own' I'm simply observing that we don't all like the same things, and a little tolerance wouldn't go amiss.

So what is a 'shame' exactly, that gives you a problem with that?

advertisement

Back