advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

None of that lol. But I do use twinmotion a lot as my workflow and let me tell you for free my shed gets very warm when that’s happening. Ironically most of the heat comes from the 11600, even though the app uses the 3080 a lot

this endeavour was more for the fun of it.

A Spitfire just flew fast and low over my house in a wide, sweeping arch, giving me a perfect display of its beautiful wing shape. I heard it coming and managed to run out into the garden in time, like a schoolboy. It was lining up for a low pass over the airfield with its paying passenger in the back seat. I feel exhilarated, grace and power.

I can hear it now on its finals, the engine pitch dropped and fluctuating.

One of colleagues has been in one, I asked how much it cost and it was best part of three grand for half an hour, next question “was it worth it?” Answer: “Yes, absolutely” Damn….

Went shopping for a new car for Mrs BB. After 3 Fiesta STs she wanted a change. Agreed a deal on BMW 128ti, subject to a test drive, they’re pretty thin on the ground but as long as she has a white one, which is already in the country, she should have it next week. Any other colour and it’s a wait until December at the earliest. She’d already decided on white or grey before we got there, so it worked out well.

Cheers BB

Maybe on the way to Cosford.

https://www.cosfordairshow.co.uk/

My boy has gone today with his Air Cadets group.

Not this one, it belongs to a set up called Aero Legends, they fly paid-for rides out of North Weald. We're actually lucky enough to get them flying in and out of the airfield at least every other weekend during the summer. They run in straight over my shop to beat up the airfield as the climax of the ride, but they are going so fast at that point that you are lucky to catch them, though the noise is terrific. My house is set a mile further back, so I'm often directly beneath them as they turn to commence the run. On Saturday there was also briefly a black Hurricane on the circuit, I think it might have been BBMF. Peter Teichman's Hangar 11 collection is also based at NW, with a Hurricane, two Spitfires (one of them Russian, the other RAF PR) and a Red Tails P51 Mustang in his toybox, and he's in and out doing airshows all through the summer, he would certainly have been at Cosford.

There's also been a C-47 flying in and out over recent weeks, and the B17 regularly flies in to refuel when she's performing at air shows in the south.

One of colleagues has been in one, I asked how much it cost and it was best part of three grand for half an hour, next question “was it worth it?” Answer: “Yes, absolutely” Damn….

https://www.aerolegends.co.uk/experiences/fly-in-a-spitfire/

Not this one, it belongs to a set up called Aero Legends, they fly paid-for rides out of North Weald. We're actually lucky enough to get them flying in and out of the airfield at least every other weekend during the summer. They run in straight over my shop to beat up the airfield as the climax of the ride, but they are going so fast at that point that you are lucky to catch them, though the noise is terrific. My house is set a mile further back, so I'm often directly beneath them as they turn to commence the run. On Saturday there was also briefly a black Hurricane on the circuit, I think it might have been BBMF. Peter Teichman's Hangar 11 collection is also based at NW, with a Hurricane, two Spitfires (one of them Russian, the other RAF PR) and a Red Tails P51 Mustang in his toybox, and he's in and out doing airshows all through the summer, he would certainly have been at Cosford.

There's also been a C-47 flying in and out over recent weeks, and the B17 regularly flies in to refuel when she's performing at air shows in the south.

https://www.aerolegends.co.uk/experiences/fly-in-a-spitfire/
Christ on a bike you LIKE that? I'd be going on the dark web to see what SAMs you can get delivered for reasonable money.

So today I finally moved into my apple shed conversion in order to have a base while I finish renovating my main property.

Here it is in 2020:

barn-001.jpg

And here it is today, just the patio to lay.

barn-complete.jpg

So today I finally moved into my apple shed conversion in order to have a base while I finish renovating my main property.

Here it is in 2020:

barn-001.jpg

barn-complete.jpg

That looks good. Something like that would suit me as my main property!

Christ on a bike you LIKE that? I'd be going on the dark web to see what SAMs you can get delivered for reasonable money.
I’m the first to whinge about motorbike noise on the bypass, but every time G-ILDA flies over on a loop round the Needles or over Chichester harbour, I love the noise it makes. It’s the sound of summer for me

It would suit me too, but it's too small for five of us really. It's eventually going to be an AirBnB.

Ah, yes. I'm through the family house stage now, just me. We spent years and plenty of money making a small house into a big house, now I rattle around with 4 bedrooms etc, and aspire to an even smaller one than I had in the first place.

Ah, yes. I'm through the family house stage now, just me. We spent years and plenty of money making a small house into a big house, now I rattle around with 4 bedrooms etc, and aspire to an even smaller one than I had in the first place.

Small is beautiful. Our new place is a fraction of the size and it’s liberating. The new owner of my old place was passing though the area last week and called in. A super chap, loving the house and lots of plans of what to do with it. I know it’s only bricks and mortar but it’s nice knowing it’s in good hands and not being used as a holiday home etc. We are all merely custodians.

ours is small - we like it. I am sure we could both afford and easily spread into something larger though

For me it's the fun of building it rather than living in it as I enjoy the whole process and do nearly everything myself (plastering I can do, but not quickly or as well as a pro so I farm it out). The current residence has three separate properties and I am getting to renovate/extend them all so I'm happy as a pig in **** :D

Our current place isn’t big, a 3 bedroom town house, all open plan downstairs. It could get quite busy when all 3 kids were teenagers but 95% of the time now it’s more than adequate. I’m not willing to get a bigger place for the 5% of the time it would be handy.

Cheers BB

Here it is in 2020:

barn-001.jpg

barn-complete.jpg

What did you do with the old asbestos sheet roof? Just put the new roof on top? ( I've been advised this can be the best way to deal with the stuff)

advertisement

Back