advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

Getting warm here which it isnt forecast, on 2nd guinness to cope. Hope things dont go crazy in the Red am sick of getting told off.

The Interesting Car club road show in Gouarec today was interesting. Some 50+ old classic cars in great nick and a few I didn't recognise. There were car jumble stalls and others under the Halle.

some beer

20220618-164145.jpg

Just got back home from the food/beer festival and the skies have just opened and it is precipitating profusely.

Recovering from our holiday in what used to be Westmorland but is now somewhere on the margins of Cumbria and Lancashire. We walked for miles, went to lots of pubs but were finally defeated by the walk up a fell-side, which we abandoned when we realised that what we thought was the summit was actually just a preview of the actual summit. Saying words to the effect of ‘sod this for a game of soldiers’ we tottered back down and had a cup of tea, then some more beer.

So today I have been mostly sat on my fat arse.

Mediterranean yesterday. Went up to the reservoir on sisters farm in the evening for wine and homemade pizza - my god son has one of those ooni things. Various girls and dogs swimming and paddle boarding. It was balmy.

My son just sent me a video on his phone from Falmouth, where they are having the regatta. It was sleeting, and he said so bitterly cold that he went home to collect thermals!

Summer Ex at the RA. Very disappointing, but we did enjoy bonging Grayson’s Covid Bell. Had a great Franco Manca pizza in Victoria though

Enjoying the abrupt change in weather; the gentle rain from heaven / Upon the place beneath.

Also ... considering alternative (flat-wound ) string choices for my P-bass.

I have just successfully rebooked train tickets from Manchester to Sheffield and back after the final leg back to Manchester Airport on June 22 was cancelled. I got a refund and booked new train tickets between Manchester and Sheffield + a taxi from Manchester Piccadilly Station to Manchester Airport. Glad I managed that.

Everything seems sorted for my short UK trip from June 20 to June 22 where I will pick up Paradise MC and Tron MM phono stages + some panzerholz. Cheers to Simon (sq22xxxx) for being my man in the UK to hold all those things for me. I intend to taste some good lager, bitter and ale while I'm over. Should be fun. I am looking forward to listening to music through Simon's excellent set-up on June 21.

Any good places to go in Sheffield to eat and drink that won't have my wife file for divorce over the cost? If anyone in the Sheffield area is game for a few beers on June 21, I'll buy the first one (if you buy me two ...). [That's the actual title of a rap album by a very Danish rap outfit.]

This is another nice step in my healing process. I actually feel quite good and chipper these days.

Managed to get my plumber to come round this morning, as there has been some flapping from behind the gas fire, so it had to come out to remove the bird. Luckily, he is a friend of my sister's, so did us a favour coming today. He said it would be a pigeon (was correct), and he normally manages to grab them before they fly out (not this time), it got out and perched on the curtain rail. He managed to grab it from there, then was released out of the patio door. It seemed ok from its 2 or 3 day ordeal, and flew straight off. The plumber did ask if we wanted to keep it for tea though (wife would be horrified at that!). Cost 70 quid, but at least he serviced the fire (hoovered out and flue checked), so one less job to do!

Managed to get my plumber to come round this morning, as there has been some flapping from behind the gas fire, so it had to come out to remove the bird. Luckily, he is a friend of my sister's, so did us a favour coming today. He said it would be a pigeon (was correct), and he normally manages to grab them before they fly out (not this time), it got out and perched on the curtain rail. He managed to grab it from there, then was released out of the patio door. It seemed ok from its 2 or 3 day ordeal, and flew straight off. The plumber did ask if we wanted to keep it for tea though (wife would be horrified at that!). Cost 70 quid, but at least he serviced the fire (hoovered out and flue checked), so one less job to do!

Have you thought about putting a cage on top of the flue vent / chimney pot?

advertisement

Back