advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
52079072010_e48f227dc8_b.jpg

You are a b**ger, and here I was thinking I wouldn't take any 6x6 MF film with me on my forthcoming trip to Cornwall and you go and post that.......................

That's too kind David. But do take the film.

I had a mixture of joy and disappointment with film on this trip. I'm trying to find a less expensive and longer lasting alternative to my favoured DDX, and I've been trying Perceptol. I'm a bit underwhelmed by the results with HP5 - I don't like the way it refines the grain, HP5's defining characteristic, and the negs were all a bit flat. But with FP4 it seems stunningly good, at least for me. I'll post some later.

That's too kind David. But do take the film.

I had a mixture of joy and disappointment with film on this trip. I'm trying to find a less expensive and longer lasting alternative to my favoured DDX, and I've been trying Perceptol. I'm a bit underwhelmed by the results with HP5 - I don't like the way it refines the grain, HP5's defining characteristic, and the negs were all a bit flat. But with FP4 it seems stunningly good, at least for me. I'll post some later.

I'm definitely taking the GA645, but not sure whether to take a 6x6 as well - got a couple of choices (Bronica SQA and Mamiya C330) - I'm not taking 35mm but my wife is! Trying to narrow down options so that stuff actually gets used - and definitely intend to keep the GFX in one piece this time!

BTW I've got plenty of 120 Portra/Ektar/Acros/HP5 in my fridge - there probably isn't any excuse................

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back