advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
ABB4-E160-4-EB1-436-D-9-F66-7-FFF52798-B55.jpg

Taken earlier this morning.

The shadows from the ‘plane/vapour trails were amazing in person, stretching across the whole of my view.

And another from today.

Whilst walking around my local lake, I spotted this Egret crouching in the reeds. I tried to sneak up and take a photograph of it in-situ but it heard / saw me coming a mile off and bolted into the sky.

Alas, it's not the image I hoped to capture, but it still makes me smile (as I remember my lack of stealthiness :D )

Egret by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Fujifilm X-T2 / XF55-200mm f3.5-4.8

Lefty

And another from today.

Whilst walking around my local lake, I spotted this Egret crouching in the reeds. I tried to sneak up and take a photograph of it in-situ but it heard / saw me coming a mile off and bolted into the sky.

Alas, it's not the image I hoped to capture, but it still makes me smile (as I remember my lack of stealthiness :D )

Egret by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Lefty
We have a similar long-legged specie of wading bird here on the Willapa River. (Raymond Wa, USA) 'Called the Great Blue Heron. I don't know what's so great about it, or how it got the moniker, but I have tried to get photos of these and almost always fail to get close enough before they fly off. I do know where they fish and the conditions that will cause them to go out and feed. (low tide).

-Steve

Last edited:
We have a similar long-legged specie of wading birds here on the Willapa River near me. (Raymond Wa, USA) Called the Great Blue Heron. I don't know what's so great about the birds, or what gave them the moniker, but I have tried to get photos of these and almost always fail to get close enough before they fly off. I do know where they fish and the conditions that will cause them to go out and feed. (low tide).

-Steve

Glad to hear it's not just me who finds them to be a bit skittish! They are beautiful birds (when you can close enough to get a look!).

Lefty

Last day of the holidays today, so decided to make the most of it with a big local walk with my son. I broke out the OS map and plotted a route that took in 3 local lakes, with a track length of 11km. It has become a tradition for me to make peanut butter and jam sandwiches for us on such days, and today was no different. I used to do it as a way of getting my son out the door. This is no longer necessary, but I still do it anyway :D

I took the camera, although it hardly came out of the bag. Mostly I just larked about with my son as we plodded along the route. Since the purpose day was to spend some quality time with my son I thought it fitting to put up a rare image of him, that I took earlier today.

Seven years old and growing up way too fast!

Untitled by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Lefty

Two images of the former Tate & Lyle Sugar Silo, Huskisson Dock, Regent Road, Liverpool. Built in the mid 1950's, a large conveyor straddled Regent Road to enable the sugar to be transported straight from the docks into the silo. Covering 86,000 sq feet it could hold 1000,000 tonnes of sugar! Listed in 1992 it is currently still used (but not for sugar!)

Tate and Lyle Sugar Silo 2
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Tate and Lyle Sugar Silo
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Both GFX50S+GF45mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back