advertisement

Stuff from the 70s. An all that.

I never had one but I reeeeeeally wanted one

sodastream3.jpg
I'd never even heard of this till after I was married!
For us, a lorry used to park at the end of the street once a week, you returned the previous weeks empty pop bottles and got a discount off this weeks' new supply. Like bottles of milk off the milkman, the ultimate recycling.

Andy

Another blast from the past returns:D, though I remember it more beer like with a head and the coloured liquid below!

anyone remember these lovely machines ?

Good friend of mine (at the time) had a Chopper. He got speed wobble going down a 1:10 hill, lost it and broke both of his arms.

I was far too poor to have a Chopper, I could only covet from afar.

It was the same when the Grifter came out. Desperately wanted one, never had one.
Glad I got hooked on skateboards/rollerskates/ice-skating. A bike was more transport than anything else back then.

Whitbread Trophy Bitter.

We changed the words in the advert jingle from "Whitbread Big Head Trophy Bitter, the pint that thinks it's a quart" to Whitbread Shit Head Trophy Bitter, the pint that thinks it's a half". Awful beer.

That reminds me of those awful "Party 7" beer kegs. Great way to make a mess of someone else's parents' house without having to drink the contents first. This prompted me to do a quick Google to check I remembered them properly, this amusing hit turned up; https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-favourite-Watneys-Party-Seven-beer-back.html

Cheers

I'd never even heard of this till after I was married!
For us, a lorry used to park at the end of the street once a week, you returned the previous weeks empty pop bottles and got a discount off this weeks' new supply. Like bottles of milk off the milkman, the ultimate recycling.

Andy
The Corona man

Kershaw’s seafood sellers in pubs anyone?
A purveyor coming round the pubs with a basket full of treats like prawns,cockles, etc..

Instant Whip.

advertisement

Back