advertisement

Stuff from the 70s. An all that.

Here's another one from July 1970. Phun City festival; my wife is bottom right with her mouth open! :D
The mad dancer was known as Jesus, famous back in the day.
51931291057_956ed0a512_z.jpg

Immortal ised next to Jesus. Not bad. I read about Jesus, as you say he was a fixture at 70s music festivals. It was quite a sad story, he disappeared for a while and had problems with alcohol or drugs and his mental health. I think he ended his days in a mental hospital, a shame.

Rock Against Racism and the Anti Nazi League were big things in the late seventies. Victoria Park in '78 was a focal event and was packed. We went up on a coach from Cheltenham and were proud to march through the streets of London.

Eric Clapton was part of the reason.

Rock Against Racism and the Anti Nazi League were big things in the late seventies. Victoria Park in '78 was a focal event and was packed. We went up on a coach from Cheltenham and were proud to march through the streets of London.

Eric Clapton was part of the reason.

David Bowie and Rod Stewart were vocal racists and also were part of the reason.

The ANL won, Bowie 'apologised' and blamed it on the drugs. Clapton never has - I don't know about Stewart

Here's another one from July 1970. Phun City festival; my wife is bottom right with her mouth open! :D
The mad dancer was known as Jesus, famous back in the day.
51931291057_956ed0a512_z.jpg

I remember someone doing wild dancing at a Barclay James Harvest gig in 1976, I wonder if it was him.

advertisement

Back