advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime III

Put in a weeks leave request at work, stock up on the popcorn and binge this lot, pretty much all excellent and a few seasons were standout.

Here is a quick summary of what order you should watch all 13 seasons of the Marvel Netflix series in 2022:
  1. Daredevil, Season 1
  2. Jessica Jones, Season 1
  3. Daredevil, Season 2
  4. Luke Cage, Season 1
  5. Iron Fist, Season 1
  6. The Defenders, Limited Series
  7. The Punisher, Season 1
  8. Jessica Jones, Season 2
  9. Luke Cage, Season 2
  10. Iron Fist, Season 2
  11. Daredevil, Season 3
  12. The Punisher, Season 2
  13. Jessica Jones, Season 3

Jessica Jones was a brilliant show for the first series.

Daredevil was consistently watchable throughout.

Punisher was easily the best of the lot and I’d love to see its return.

Iron Fist and Luke cage I found tedious.

Enjoying "This Is Us" on Prime. Forty minute episodes make them easy to binge or fit in around films and stuff which is handy too.

Funny, clever and interesting, the american tendency to schmaltz is mostly kept in check with the odd lapse.

I continue to be impressed by 'Elementary', the writing is consistently brilliant.

Daisy Haggard in 'Back to Life' is also fantastic, again really well written.

Dexter New Blood is coming to an end and getting very interesting, just one episode to go.

Just started watching 'Ghosts Series 3, 'The Nevers' and the latest series of 'The Great' , Huzzah!

We watched the 2 available episodes of Book of Boba Fett yesterday.

The episodes didn’t have the excitement of The Mandalorian, but it was still worth watching.

I couldn’t get the idea that Steven Berkoff is Boba Fett out of my head…

135643536.jpg

Just finished È stata la mano di Dio - It Was The Hand of God - on Netflix. A wonderful, wonderful, rich, entertaining, moving, witty, humane, and sad movie by Paolo Sorrentino with Toni Servillo. A kid (Sorrentino himself) growing up with an extended family (including a very acceptable voluptuous aunt) in Naples, at the time Maradona got signed for Naples. Best thing I’ve seen for a good while.

New Town Utopia on Amazon Prime. A wonderful look into the concrete new-town brutalism and its social ramifications in Basildon. I’m half way through now and it really is very good from any perspective one would want to view it being the story of the architectural thinking, the planning, the politics, and most importantly the first hand accounts of those who lived there and how it became such a prominent place culturally.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
‘Chef’ (2014) on Amazon

John Favreau vehicle o_O which delighted The Wife. Made me very hungry especially the 24 hour slow cooked brisket. Heartwarming…

The soundtrack was also worth a mention, worked very well and added to the flavour of the film.

I have ordered a copy of the soundtrack, not many copies about as it happens.

Vivarium. A sort of sci-fi movie about lockdown, but made in 2019.

Also, Andy Partridge gets some royalties at the end.

Watched Stay Close on Netflix. Mrs C likes this kind of thing. Quite good but again the police side of stuff nowhere near right... ho hum. Nesbitt didn't even get the caution fully correct. I know... its not real...

Jesus suffering I just watched the last ever episode of The Expanse. Someone had better explain to me what the story with the kids on the planet with the dogs was all about? And talk about a weak as piss ending to what was otherwise a great series. Jesus, I am gutted!

Watched Stay Close on Netflix. Mrs C likes this kind of thing. Quite good but again the police side of stuff nowhere near right... ho hum. Nesbitt didn't even get the caution fully correct. I know... its not real...

Weird show. I checked out after the crazy dancing couple showed up. Hoping Mrs. Hook doesn’t ask to finish it, but I suspect she will.

advertisement

Back