advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nunu=Nono
Yup, inevitable after the combination of poor results and poor performances. I was puzzled he took the job, as he was supposedly homesick when he left Wolves. Who will be next to sip from Levy's poisoned chalice? Doesn't reflect well on Paratici either, who was a strong advocate of Nuno's appointment.

Yup, inevitable after the combination of poor results and poor performances. I was puzzled he took the job, as he was supposedly homesick when he left Wolves. Who will be next to sip from Levy's poisoned chalice? Doesn't reflect well on Paratici either, who was a strong advocate of Nuno's appointment.

I was very surprised that Spurs made the appointment because Wolves did not have a good season last year and it seemed to me that it was almost a desperation last minute choice.
Surely a club with Spurs stature should have been aiming much higher than Nuno.

@Spraggons Den sorry no real choice about who I supported as born in Liverpool and Father and close Uncle both Liverpool fans and took me to my first match and was hooked. All things are relative I support Liverpool and as you point out we have been spoilt though according to others not been good for decades and just lucky at the moment . So yes my standards and expectations are higher than some but that is just part and parcel of my team and how they perform Liverpool often do things the hard way and give you heart attacks and palpitations along the way . I am not jealous of any team including City , Chelsea or Utd my team is my team and I support them by buying season ticket and watching them when I can . This gives me the right to be either over critical of in my view honest about the performances they give. I realise other team's have other problems but as they are not my team I can understand their issues b but it has little meaning to me just as Liverpool's issues have little relevance for non Liverpool supporters.

Will we now see similar hand-wringing from the media and internet trolls now Spurs have sacked their manager and after only 4 months. ;) Or pehaps he’s not as great a bloke as cabbage and nowhere near as brilliant at football management.

@Spraggons Den sorry no real choice about who I supported as born in Liverpool and Father and close Uncle both Liverpool fans and took me to my first match and was hooked. All things are relative I support Liverpool and as you point out we have been spoilt though according to others not been good for decades and just lucky at the moment . So yes my standards and expectations are higher than some but that is just part and parcel of my team and how they perform Liverpool often do things the hard way and give you heart attacks and palpitations along the way . I am not jealous of any team including City , Chelsea or Utd my team is my team and I support them by buying season ticket and watching them when I can . This gives me the right to be either over critical of in my view honest about the performances they give. I realise other team's have other problems but as they are not my team I can understand their issues b but it has little meaning to me just as Liverpool's issues have little relevance for non Liverpool supporters.
You could have just said something like, “yeah, for mostly decades we’ve had a very good team to support but we do like to whinge”. ;)

Will we now see similar hand-wringing from the media and internet trolls now Spurs have sacked their manager and after only 4 months. ;) Or pehaps he’s not as great a bloke as cabbage and nowhere near as brilliant at football management.
The way he has been treated is a disgrace!

I wonder if Spurs will try to get Moyes. Levy likes to keep control over the bank account so I can’t see them getting a mega-name. The club has probably burnt the bridge to Potch and given the recent history, which mega-manager would want to manage Tottenham ?

As much as it hurts me to say it, Moyes really has done a superb job at West Ham. He cleared out the “let’s sign a big name on his last legs” mentality and has not been afraid to give young players a chance and looks good in the transfer market. The football has been pretty easy on the eye as well. In fact, it’s all of the qualities Levy admires plus he gets to poke WHU in the eye.

The badly treated Bruce is available. His mates should rally round again and help him back into football with Spurs.

@Brian Who does not like a good moan ? In football no matter how good it gets you always as a fan want more .

As for Moyes going to Spuds why ? He is doing an excellent job with a group of players who believe in him and each other and all he will get with Levy is lies and false promises and a squad that look like they do not want to play with each other. Given time (which he would not get) he could change things and could be a decent fit until they decide they are going compete for decent signings but once they d that he would be sent packing and the next great wonder would be drafted in .

@Brian Who does not like a good moan ? In football no matter how good it gets you always as a fan want more .

As for Moyes going to Spuds why ? He is doing an excellent job with a group of players who believe in him and each other and all he will get with Levy is lies and false promises and a squad that look like they do not want to play with each other. Given time (which he would not get) he could change things and could be a decent fit until they decide they are going compete for decent signings but once they d that he would be sent packing and the next great wonder would be drafted in .
I want 4th bottom, as I’ve hoped for most seasons for the last 14 years. Before that I just wanted Newcastle to stop selling their best players to also-rans like West Ham and Spurs at the time.

There were a couple of seasons I wanted a higher finish, but they were in the 2nd division after 4th bottom in the 1st division proved too high a target.

Kane has been carrying the side for a few years now - when he's not performing Spurs look what they are - a mid table side.
Norwich are the only side in the PL who have scored less goals.

Kane has been carrying the side for a few years now - when he's not performing Spurs look what they are - a mid table side.
Norwich are the only side in the PL who have scored less goals.

when we won the first 3 games, Kane was not playing, just saying

when we won the first 3 games, Kane was not playing, just saying
Unfortunately the season is over 38 games - but 3 goals in 3 matches (although you won them all) sort of proves my point.
You've been shipping over 2 goals a match since then and scoring less than one on average.
I haven't checked the stats but I bet that Kane is normally close to double figures by this stage of the season.

Refusing to sell Kane was very foolish. It's like refusing your spouse a divorce. You can hang on for a while but anything good in the relationship is over.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. If your opinion of Levy and the squad is correct then how on earth are Spurs going to attract a “name” ? This then points to either giving somebody a go who is untested at this level (Potter ?) or an old hand (Moyes ?).

Looks to me like Tottenham need a radical rethink and overhaul - they are paying a high price for not backing Potch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back