advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody Liverpool at there most frustrating again . First goal a real show case of speed and accuracy of passing and sublime finish . This was a blue print of how to get past Brighton as they did not change formation or pattern of play , so what do Liverpool do not use the same method again . Two goal up and then the dreaded Liverpool back off and let the opposition play still not sure if the is instructions or just the players on the pitch .

At the end I was very relieved to get a draw as for Brighton should have clearly taken all three points . All credit to them they recovered and showed what I said before they have a real and ingrained way of playing now and it works . They do not have any outstanding stars that I noticed but every player knows what to do and were to be be at each phase of play . This also means as was shown that as players are replaced the new player just slots in and does the same job . Liverpool are not going to win the Pl this season but they may well fight to the end which after last year is an improvement but not a great one .

Met my brother before the game and then after the game went in to town for a meal so not a complete loss . Many match days are only spoiled by the football and not the company and fun that can be had on the day . Went in to Weatherspoons on County Road and talked to about thirty or so different Liverpool fans about us only being interested in our European history and story going forward I have to say to a fan both women and men the answer was given short shift and many expletives were aimed at the thought . All of them are desperate to win the PL again and with the chance to enjoy and celebrate it properly . Sadly the vast majority like me think it will not be this season .

Bloody Liverpool at there most frustrating again . First goal a real show case of speed and accuracy of passing and sublime finish . This was a blue print of how to get past Brighton as they did not change formation or pattern of play , so what do Liverpool do not use the same method again . Two goal up and then the dreaded Liverpool back off and let the opposition play still not sure if the is instructions or just the players on the pitch .

At the end I was very relieved to get a draw as for Brighton should have clearly taken all three points . All credit to them they recovered and showed what I said before they have a real and ingrained way of playing now and it works . They do not have any outstanding stars that I noticed but every player knows what to do and were to be be at each phase of play . This also means as was shown that as players are replaced the new player just slots in and does the same job . Liverpool are not going to win the Pl this season but they may well fight to the end which after last year is an improvement but not a great one .

Met my brother before the game and then after the game went in to town for a meal so not a complete loss . Many match days are only spoiled by the football and not the company and fun that can be had on the day . Went in to Weatherspoons on County Road and talked to about thirty or so different Liverpool fans about us only being interested in our European history and story going forward I have to say to a fan both women and men the answer was given short shift and many expletives were aimed at the thought . All of them are desperate to win the PL again and with the chance to enjoy and celebrate it properly . Sadly the vast majority like me think it will not be this season .
I’ve got a vision of you walking around Tommy Frosts with a clipboard interviewing people :)

Strangely not I was going round telling the Ole joke from earlier in this thread which went down really well and had lots laughing and then I think because I was not sure if I was really right and had not been been into Frosts for ages (too packed and no seats which for me are an essential) it just led on seemed to go around a ever larger group around were the original five or so I went in to see were gathered . You know its Liverpool when not only do the those around you listen but jump straight in with their view as well .

Newcastle need a manager who knows his way around promotion, is familiar with the North East and happy with a short term appointment. It's got to be Neil Warnock.

No question in my mind that Mourinho will end up at Newcastle sooner then later.
I don’t think that will happen.

Whoever it is could do worse than repeat how Keegan started. An experienced CB and leader, a defensive CM and 2 good fullbacks.

Yes, a few 30+ yr old players who can be relied on (not sure Hazard can be relied on anymore!) and who want one final payday? Keiran Trippier?
It's sad to see the decline of Hazard in such a short space of time.
On his day at Chelsea he was unplayable - perhaps Marina will sweet talk Carlo into letting him come back home on loan in January with a view to a permanent deal if he proves he can still cut the mustard.;)

It's sad to see the decline of Hazard in such a short space of time.
On his day at Chelsea he was unplayable - perhaps Marina will sweet talk Carlo into letting him come back home on loan in January with a view to a permanent deal if he proves he can still cut the mustard.;)
He’s looked decidedly average just recently, not sure he’s better than anyone we’ve already got! Personally I’d like to see Hudson Odi given a chance to prove himself

Watched the FA Cup Semi-Final today.

Our women's team are currently 5th in the WSL, so no pushovers. They defended well, especially in the first half but eventually Arsenal's class overwhelmed them. It shows the gap between the very top and the up and coming teams is still huge.

Felt a bit sorry for Villa today, some rather odd bookings.
The referee did puzzle me too.
Sent the wrong man off for the challenge on Bowen and yet Hause never even got booked for that forearm smash on Fornals.
Antonio getting rugby tackled by Targett in the build up to the third goal was another one strangly overlooked.....Yes there were some odd refereeing decisions today;)

My heart bleeds for you - it must be awful being a liverpool fan - all those trophies you have won over the last fifty years are such a burden and I can't imagine the pain you have suffered having to watch world class players like Keegan, Dalglish, Gerrard and Sarah week in week out.

Aye you must be well jealous of Hartlepool Utd, Sheff We'd and Bolton fans. Get a grip FFS you have a terrific manager and you are one of only three teams in the UK capable of realisticly challenging for trophies domestically and in Europe- supporters of the remaining eighty nine clubs are just plebs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back