advertisement

Windows 11 has arrived

I've given the "upgrade whatever your hardware" option a whirl following the link above. It all worked fine. You can only do a clean install with that method, unless you want to wait for the MS pushed update, but can preserve the previous C: drive contents. The previous license key was validated.

I did an in-place upgrade on a Core i5 :)

Tim

5th gen.

Tim
How did you persuade "PC Health Check" to register it's approval with the update wizard? My health check was fine, but the wizard kept taking me back there, hence I went for the clean install. Which, tbh, I grudgingly do every now and then.

I have a couple of laptops with 5th gen i5s So is this doable?

one is an hp where I have turned on tpm but windows say it’s not detected and the same in a dell.

I don’t really care but would be cool if possible

You can certainly bypass the requirements with MS's approval ... and warnings. But I'll leave @onlyconnect to tell you how to do this with an update. I was only able to do it as a clean install.

I have a couple of laptops with 5th gen i5s So is this doable?

one is an hp where I have turned on tpm but windows say it’s not detected and the same in a dell.

I don’t really care but would be cool if possible
Checked the TPM Driver is Microsoft's and not a Dell or HP one?

Running 11 on a few comps including my own laptop so far it’s OK, few niggles but usable enough, gonna hold back a while from shipping it with new PCs though.

I've given the "upgrade whatever your hardware" option a whirl following the link above. It all worked fine. You can only do a clean install with that method, unless you want to wait for the MS pushed update, but can preserve the previous C: drive contents. The previous license key was validated.

Im probably not paying enough attention but where is this “upgrade whatever your hardware" option?

thanks

.sjb

How did you persuade "PC Health Check" to register it's approval with the update wizard? My health check was fine, but the wizard kept taking me back there, hence I went for the clean install. Which, tbh, I grudgingly do every now and then.

use the media tool to make an iso, mount the iso, run setup from there.

Must be from the running instance of Windows, don’t boot from the iso unless you want a clean install.

you also need Microsoft’s special registry entry, and tpm at least 1.2.

Tim

use the media tool to make an iso, mount the iso, run setup from there.

Must be from the running instance of Windows, don’t boot from the iso unless you want a clean install.

you also need Microsoft’s special registry entry, and tpm at least 1.2.

Tim
If you go down this route, do you get the "you will no longer be supported" message?

I’m not getting how doing a clean install from usb related to registry hacks in windows?

I guess I could just try I have the usb made lol

Just installed. Seems to be working as was. First impression is the dreadful desktop backgound, it's really imposing.

advertisement

Back