advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see rival fans here so focussed on United and Cristiano. Despite record sales, CR7 shirts are still available.

Can't read too much into the match: Championship team need new goalie (and owner), superstar footballer scores 2 goals. Still early in the season.

Atmosphere at OT was immense yesterday. Last three full capacity home games have been something special - City 2-0 pre lockdown, Leeds 5-1 with fans back, and yesterday's 4-1 with CR7.

Newcastle didn't turn up to play football but to spend a minute over every goal kick and throw.

Has the makings of a good season with utd, Chelsea, City and Liverpool forms.

It is obvious that the return of Ronaldo has brought much cheer to Utd fans & I find this really heartening. Isn’t this what football is all about? Some of the sour grapes & curmudgeonly comments from the sports journalists are really starting to grate. Can’t fans be allowed to enjoy themselves?

Sounds like he played well & Utd have a strong chance this year.

My team were done over by Stoke, despite a positive start & a few excellent players I am expecting mid table at best.

It is obvious that the return of Ronaldo has brought much cheer to Utd fans & I find this really heartening. Isn’t this what football is all about? Some of the sour grapes & curmudgeonly comments from the sports journalists are really starting to grate. Can’t fans be allowed to enjoy themselves?

Sounds like he played well & Utd have a strong chance this year.

My team were done over by Stoke, despite a positive start & a few excellent players I am expecting mid table at best.

For me, it is the media sycophancy. He left United to better his career and has returned at the end of it for 500k a week. If this was a club other than United, or probably Liverpool, it would receive nothing like the positive coverage it has. United fans can be delighted if they wish but they, similarly, would be full of it if he signed elsewhere on such a deal.

I am saddened that a once great football club, still one of the richest in the world, have been so brought down by American owners personal greed and lack of ambition for the club that now has no plan for the long term and is managed by people who behave like Roman emperors and are happy to keep the green and gold crew quiet by buying or borrowing old end of career marquee signings like Falcao, Varane, Cavani and the latest fake Ronaldo, to keep the mob happy and turn the team into football’s harlem globetrotters.
Bread and circuses indeed.

For me, it is the media sycophancy. He left United to better his career and has returned at the end of it for 500k a week. If this was a club other than United, or probably Liverpool, it would receive nothing like the positive coverage it has. United fans can be delighted if they wish but they, similarly, would be full of it if he signed elsewhere on such a deal.
He would get the same level of coverage if he had gone to any other club in the EPL, Ronaldo is news. Sports writers have been quite sniffy about the whole thing.

I seem to recall Dennis Law received a fair bit of coverage when he re-joined City?

He would get the same level of coverage if he had gone to any other club in the EPL, Ronaldo is news. Sports writers have been quite sniffy about the whole thing.

I seem to recall Dennis Law received a fair bit of coverage when he re-joined City?

Absolutely no way. There are 13 separate stories about Ronaldo in today's Mail.

Get well soon Harvey Elliot, looked a dreadful injury

Yep. I didn’t see it, and probably don’t want to. Looked like Harvey would really kick on this season, and the manager obviously rates him highly. The team understandably lost a little focus afterwards, and it sure takes the shine off a comfortable win. Fabinho and Thiago just too good for Leeds, and Fab with a goal for his dad...

82413b8d-18f2-4cf6-8acf-703ad5d14a22.png

Be interesting to hear what Klopp says, given his comments after the Burnley game about referees letting the game flow...

Bit like the Gomes ankle injury the other season, looks horrific and Sky won’t show it again … not a dreadful tackle and the red card might well be overturned in the next week - dreadful outcome tho and to see the young guy with his foot pointing in the wrong direction is shocking… get well soon

Tackle was a little late & from the wrong side but probably a yellow. Leeds will struggle to stay up this season I reckon.

what was the injury?

Ankle bent all out of shape so it looked like a bad break, though an emotional Klopp said it’s a dislocation. Struijk lunged for the ball, and seemed like he caught Elliott with his other leg as they fell. Not malicious and a freak injury. Possibly not given a red without the injury, though I’d be surprised if it gets overturned.

I’ve been thinking about this a lot since it happened. Just awful for the lad.

Ankle bent all out of shape so it looked like a bad break, though an emotional Klopp said it’s a dislocation. Struijk lunged for the ball, and seemed like he caught Elliott with his other leg as they fell. Not malicious and a freak injury. Possibly not given a red without the injury, though I’d be surprised if it gets overturned.

Many thanks fo

Thanks for the reply and information.....sounds a bad one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back