advertisement

Whisky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Todays delivery; 15 year old Dalwhinnie (never tried so will report back) and a bottle of Smokehead; will use that for Smokey Cokey's ;) :D

Hope you did well. Was lucky enough to get a 12 yo cs, still have a hazelburn 13, 14 and their latest 15 yo from last weeks tastings so gave this release miss . Picked up a daftmill and ardnamuchcan cs yesterday locally.

Hope you did well. Was lucky enough to get a 12 yo cs, still have a hazelburn 13, 14 and their latest 15 yo from last weeks tastings so gave this release miss . Picked up a daftmill and ardnamuchcan cs yesterday locally.
I had the opposite luck with the tasting releases - the Cadenheads website crashed on me and I ended up empty handed. Advice after the fact seemed to revolve around some odd technique of refreshing the page at every point of the checkout process. Still I guess I couldn't have afforded to buy both the tasting bottles* and the releases from yesterday...maybe.
Did you get full bottles or the tasting packs?
*Depressingly predictably there are a lot of the tasting bottles on auction at the moment. I've also noticed a couple of full cases of Sp12 cask strength which pretty firmly suggests Retailers are flipping their allocations.

Those Daftmills and Ardnamurchans - I think I'd be afraid to open them - they become colllectors items due to scarcity...wonder how much of them will ever be drunk...must admit I feel somewaht fearful about some of the Springbank I have for the same reason.

Last edited:
Just cracked this. Very very promising...

Have you tried the Quarter Cask? I think it's one of the best I've had. Delicious but complex enough to linger over. Annoyingly, also one of those whiskies that seem to drain in the bottle far too quickly! Interested to hear your thoughts on the Bodega, as I've not been too keen on the over-sherried whiskies I've tried so far

Have you tried the Quarter Cask? I think it's one of the best I've had. Delicious but complex enough to linger over. Annoyingly, also one of those whiskies that seem to drain in the bottle far too quickly! Interested to hear your thoughts on the Bodega, as I've not been too keen on the over-sherried whiskies I've tried so far
I have not tried the QC but have heard very good things and have two unopened bottles from when it was on offer at Loch Fyne a few months back. I notice it is at a good price on Master of Malt at the moment. https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/arran/arran-bothy-quarter-cask-whisky/
Need to crack one soon.
If you are not a sherry fan I'd hesitate to recommendthe Bodega - it is matured in active (I think first fill) casks so not subtle. Though I would say I did not find it overly sweet and there was plenty of spice and dark chocolate flavours.
Just reviewed here, with comparison with the QC:

Thanks Weekender. You should definitively get one of your QCs cracked - apparently you need to get the 'neck pour' out of the way before the oxygen opens it up. Science innit..;)

I bought a bottle of the QC having tried it, and enjoyed it, during the distillery tour. When I opened the bottle I wasn't desperately impressed by it at first, but not sure if it's down to changes in it or with me but I like it a lot more now. I had a dram of it last night and it was good. The only other Laphroaig I've got in at the moment is the 16 and while that is better it's also quite a bit more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back