advertisement

Labour Leader: Keir Starmer IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
House prices have gone up due to a shortage of supply, they have risen faster this year. This is a fact. Houses with gardens have rocketed.

I don’t disagree with your other points but they are irrelevant to the point I was making.
That’s not how it works. House prices have gone up because houses are used as financial assets.

He went for the glasses and casual jacket look today.

Likely a minor and probably subconscious change of identity as he struggles to accept responsibility for what has happened. I suspect he's the type who will crumble under pressure. But even when he does, the hair will never be out of place.

42728162-0-image-a-110_1620473614915.jpg

I dislike Rayner, cannot stand the way she plays to out dated northern stereotypes as if we are all ‘gobby & speak our minds’ etc.

I’ve always quite liked her for that reason, that and she’s an indie kid (likes Echo & The Bunnymen etc), and is one of exceptionally few in the HoC who doesn’t wear the corporate slave uniform/look like she’s on the way to some dull grey middle-management meeting in Slough. It may just be visual as I haven’t really studied her politics (Labour is Labour as far as I’m concerned), but she stands out from a remarkably formulaic sea of vacuous clones. Starmer replacing her with yet another dull grey suit is unlikely to impress anyone.

Sir Keir has just sacked Angela Rayner.

It was all her fault. :D

Starmer is rapidly becoming a liability. In denial and panicking. Only a matter of time until someone comes out and says he must go. My money would be on McDonnell or Abbott.

She has been sacked as party chair not deputy leader, unfortunately.

He went for the glasses and casual jacket look today.

Likely a minor and probably subconscious change of identity as he struggles to accept responsibility for what has happened. I suspect he's the type who will crumble under pressure. But even when he does, the hair will never be out of place.

He would have been prepared for this I would have thought. I think you do him a disservice to be fair. It’s not his fault that the party are where they are and I feel you aim at the wrong person or people.

I’ve always quite liked her for that reason, that and she’s an indie kid (likes Echo & The Bunnymen etc), and is one of exceptionally few in the HoC who doesn’t wear the corporate slave uniform/look like she’s on the way to some dull grey middle-management meeting in Slough. It may just be visual as I haven’t really studied her politics (Labour is Labour as far as I’m concerned), but she stands out from a remarkably formulaic sea of vacuous clones. Starmer replacing her with yet another dull grey suit is unlikely to impress anyone.
I think exactly the opposite. That horrible coat with trousers that were too long & clumpy shoes. Just trying too hard to be one of the proles.

I actually quite like politicians to look smart, they nearly always look awful when trying to dress down. Starmer with his open necked shirts looked daft; if you are not wearing a tie an Oxford collar looks much better.

Starmer has spent his entire working life dressing very formal, tailor made suits are the norm for advocates, so he just looks wrong.

Same with Dave, always rolled his sleeves up whenever he visited a hospital or a factory.

At least I am consistent, nothing annoyed me more than Corbyn with his shell suit, crap shoes or French fisherman’s hat. Fakery of the highest order.

Christ almighty, pathetic! Obvious scapegoating and a panicked attempt to be seen to "do something". It will fix nothing.

Don't have much time for Rayner since she abandoned any principles she had to climb the greasy pole, but this move reflects very badly on Starmer.

Given the result of the election and her role wouldn't you have expected a responsible person to have stepped down? They spoke earlier and she was presumably asked if she was going to resign. No doubt there are one or two other relevant issues but it seems relatively straightforward.

Interesting comment in The Times;

If labour had voted for May’s withdrawal deal... May would have been PM for 2019 election there would be no Boris,no Brexit and no Red Wall. But Starmer et al knew best played hardball and campaigned for a second referendum this directly led to Boris becoming leader,a landslide election win,hard brexit and loss of the northern and midlands seats for a generation. Well played to the remain labour MP’s you’ve played an absolute blinder!

Ignore the will of the voters at your peril.
Simon,

Mostly true but what led to Brexit came before the failure of May to get her deal through. The real moment was the Tory election win of 2015 and everything that enabled that to happen.

Hard remainers will never have it but their rejection of May’s deal shows exactly the mindset of the hard remainer to this day. Her deal was actually a remain deal she tried to pass off as a leave deal. They should have taken it but they wanted democracy binned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back