advertisement

Labour Leader: Keir Starmer IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m guessing we don’t have any Nobel laureate economists on here but who needs experts?

I’ve never really understood how we can burden future generations with debt, emotive nonsense used to justify austerity & other miseries.

If you ask experts they all say the same thing, although SD is entitled to ignore them.

Continued excessive government borrowing is not a good idea especially in inflationary environments (less money for pledges). It can also adversely affect inflation (up) and taxes (up) but ultimately it's about risk - how the market rates the risk (as a measure of debt to GDP) of lending to a particular country. Should that risk increase, things can get very tricky for governments who like to borrow. Obviously if that country is the USA, the rules are more flexible.

If you ask experts they all say the same thing, although SD is entitled to ignore them.
If all economists agree on everything, why don't we replace the Bank of England Monetary Committee with just one average economist and save some public money that way. See I am balancing the books already- piece of piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back