advertisement

Thinking of selling it all, or massive downgrade at least......

NAD's M33, M10 etc are fairly mature topology now. Hypex, ICE etc have been on the market for a relatively long time. Long enough to not be called new technology.

They will evolve further (Purify being an example) but the top products will be at a price level commensurate with performance. No different to Class AB, Class A and whatever else there is. There is always a new/different take on it somewhere.

Looking at Class D amplifiers with streaming technology like mobile phones (which have a 1 year product cycle, on occasions less) is probably not a good idea. A NAD M10 or 33 is a good amplifier now and in 10 years. As long as manufacturers give product software (and sometimes upgradable hardware) support most will be in fairly safe hands imho. Whether that is good enough for the individual largely depends on whether he/she feels the need to have the latest product.

Yes, the implementation is good, as mentioned. But software will be improved upon and abandoned in some cases, user interfaces will improve, not to mention the long term reliability and serviceability remains to be seen, particularly in respect of these units as a whole. Other manufacturers like Marantz will enter this segment too. I don't mean to say something like the M33 will be redundant in 3 years, but it will certainly have competition, and indeed you might just prefer market offerings then available at considerably lower price points. Personally, I'd really doubt something like the M10 will be supported in 10 years, certainly in all it guises...

They’ve done an excellent job with the EVO range imho. The NAD M33 does have 2 MDC option modules and a MC stage.

I've got a NAD C368, I'm hoping the MDC modules make it somewhat future proof

I'd love to listen to the Cambridge Audio though

I've got a NAD C368, I'm hoping the MDC modules make it somewhat future proof

I'd love to listen to the Cambridge Audio though
They released the BluOS 2i module, presumably/hopefully if BluOS 3 appears you’re amp will get the upgrade.

I get it, you don’t like the NAD!
I might not too, or I might find it the best option.
But for now, yes I read you loud and clear on YOUR view/opinion on this!

It's not the M33, but I've got a NAD M10 in the living room on TV duty with Proac Tablettes and all the family use that for streaming and have to say it sounds very good. Have got a more elaborate multi-box vinyl setup in the front room that they won't touch, so the M10 gets loads of use and I can't tell much difference in SQ with my 'main' system, but I like fiddling with valves, cartridges etc so get enjoyment out of that as well as listening! If the M33 is better than the M10 it's worth a crack. UI and ergonomics spot on.

I rather like the look of the M33. It reminds me of what we used to call a 'Receiver' when I was growing up. So a modern version where the streaming is the radio and you have an integrated amp. Full circle. I'd be curious to hear one.

advertisement

Back