advertisement

Thinking of selling it all, or massive downgrade at least......

Perhaps simplification is not just about the number of boxes, when you aren't as "invested" in the kit it just frees up the mind?

I will resurrect this thread soon as three things have happened this year.

1. Most of my old system has been sold
2. Lived happily with an "interim" one for ages now
3. The long term / new / replacement stuff will land soon

The only item left to sell is the Thales turntable

More to follow, with photos, once complete!

I will resurrect this thread soon as three things have happened this year.

1. Most of my old system has been sold
2. Lived happily with an "interim" one for ages now
3. The long term / new / replacement stuff will land soon

The only item left to sell is the Thales turntable

More to follow, with photos, once complete!

I've had similar thoughts. I haven't done anything because I really like how my system sounds (most days!) and I feel like I'm at a sweet spot on the value curve - it would be very expensive to get something better enough to be worth doing, and "downsizing" wouldn't net enough money to be worth doing.

If I were to do anything, I'd go for terrific sources - put a Kore or similar on my LP12, bump up to a Lingo 4, which I understand is a significant improvement, and go for a DAC that could leave my Naim nDAC for dead. Run them through something like an Exposure 3510 integrated, and, if necessary, go down to something like ProAc Response 2 or a more modern variant. One problem is that I've heard a lot of DACs, and haven't heard one that leaves the nDAC for dead, short of stuff like dCS, the Linn Klimax/Organik, etc., which are out price-wise. The other problem is that I think a 3510 integrated would give up too much relative to the 3010S2 pre and monos I have now. And I'd miss the scale and extension of my MA GX300s.

So I most likely won't, although Kore and L4 are on the horizon anyway.

Hello @badger748. I've enjoyed reading about your journey and your life re-set. I sincerely hope all turns out for the best and that your wishes come true.

I was interested to see that you'd plumped for the Q Acoustics Concept 300 speakers. I've lusted after some of these for a while now, and was interested to hear about your impressions of them, good or bad?

advertisement

Back