advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't we just be rubbish and fluke a win?

Well you are half way there.....sorry couldn't resist. The two most pressing priorities finishing and not switching off are at least there to be worked on. They play some nice football in areas that don't hurt teams but getting those two aspects sorted out has to be easier than strengthening a weak or injury struck squad. I think they will be OK.

Brighton will probably be just about OK, obviously need to be more ruthless but the disallowed goal was very tight.

I am not convinced staying in the EPL alone is great for the fans though.

aye, hardly cost a penny either ;)
How much did LiVAR pool spend in thirty years to win nothing before they set world records for a centre half and a goal keeper or how about United spending virtually the same as City since Ferguson left for a few tin cups and a crap defence despite their first choice back four costing more than City’s?

Interesting article in the ST today by Graeme Souness, who seems to imply that the Manu players still think that they can win the PL...... while City will at some stage stop winning, I can see no evidence that Manu will step up a gear. As for today's match, we could of done with butter fingers in goal as Henderson is playing really well. I think it will be either 0-0 or 4-1 to City

I have never felt so relaxed about a Derby.
Win and we are out of sight of them.
Lose and we are out of sight of them.

Liverpool will be somewhat fortunate to get anything today after an hour of what I can only call a nightmare... 7 changes??

as for the Manchester derby, a low scoring draw

That Old knows a thing or two.
Remember after United held Liverpool to a 0-0 draw he said" not many teams will come to Anfield and get a point".
How right he was.
All 6 teams since have got all three!

As a neutral I want MUFC to win today, preferably a really comfortable one which gives other teams confidence. This will not happen though.

Brighton will probably be just about OK, obviously need to be more ruthless but the disallowed goal was very tight.

I am not convinced staying in the EPL alone is great for the fans though.

A few weeks ago we were 10 points clear of the relegation places, now it is just goal difference. We should have got 7 points from the last three games. It's hard to see where the points are going to come from.

It's not just Maupay, none of our forwards seem able to score goals, even from the penalty spot.

I don't think that chairman Tony Bloom will panic though. If we do get relegated I think Potter would be given the chance to get the team promoted again, like Burnley did with Dyche. We would probably lose some of our best players (White, Bissouma, Lamptey?). We already have replacements for them, Clarke, Ostigaard, our two Polish lads etc. and a host of talented players in our U23 squad plus others out on loan (I think only Chelsea have more players out on loan).

Football in the Championship can be more exciting than in the Premier League. Compare and contrast Chris Hughton's teams in the championship and in the Premier league. Our strikers might even rediscover where the goal is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back